Chapter 10

Torture

I still hadn't been able to talk to Jim about the incident, where I attacked him. Neither he or Mister Spock had spoken to me since I had been cleared to return to my duties.

"Hey, Lass could you help me with this pipe?" Scotty asked from behind me.

"Of course."

I walked over to him and crouched down. He handed me a wrench and moved my hand to a bolt.

"Hold that in place."

I gave him a small nod and used all my strength to hold the bolt done. Scotty stood up and grabbed another wrench before he crouched back down and started to adjust the pipe.

"Lass-"

My hand slipped and a wave of hit steam hit my hand. I let out a yelp and pulled my hand away from it. I pulled my hand to my chest as I held back tears.

"Let me see, Thea." Scotty said as he stood up.

"It's fine, just a-"

"You need to go see Bones, Lass that's a bad burn." Scotty said as he took my hand in his.

He looked it over and gently touched the top of it, which made me flinch. He looked up and shot me a look as I looked away from him.

"Alright, I guess I can go see him." I said as pulled my hand away from him.

"You better, or I'll come get you and drag ya there myself." He said as he glared up at me.

I walked out of the room and walked towards Sickbay. When I arrived I saw a man sitting on a bed, a computer in front of him.

"I see that Bones is out." I said as I looked around.

The man turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Bones?" He asked with a frown.

"Sorry, I'm talking about Doctor McCoy. We call him Bones." I explained.

"Ah Yes, he just left to speak to the captain." The man explained.

"I'm sorry. I've been rude, I am Lieutenant Commander-"

"Theodosia Kirk. I overheard someone say that you would be coming here."

"Well it seems you know my name, but I am afraid that I have not yet learned yours."

"My name is Khan. Please sit and entertain me." He said as he motioned to one of the beds.

"You seem to be entertaining yourself enough with our files." I said as I walked over to one of the beds, and set down.

"I am simply reading up on starships, though it appears that they have one luxury not mentioned in the manuals."

"And what might that be?"

"A beautiful woman." He said as his eyes roamed my body.

"I see that men from the past are just like the men in the present."

"How so?"

"They are still shameless flirts."

He let out a chuckle and set up straight.

"My apologies, I meant you not discomfort."

"It will take a lot to make me uncomfortable, Mister Khan."

"Might I ask about your hand?" He asked as he looked down at my injured hand.

"Burned it. It's nothin-"

He took my hand in his and traced his finger across the burn.

"I would say that it is not nothing, my dear. I do believe that is a second degree burn. I'm surprised you're not withering in pain." He said as we locked eyes.