What I Like💚

Author: he_wants_to_write

Summary:
Harry gets tired of the "older women" jokes and the incessant teasing from Louis.

/////////////////////////////////

It used to be actually funny, at first.

Since the untruthful humors of Harry Styles hooking up with an older woman came to light to the public, the seventeen-year-old boy has been getting shit from journalists and from his bandmates. However, the one that makes sure that the subject is brought up every time they're set in a interview, is no one other than Louis Tomlinson, who ironically, is his secret boyfriend.

They've been together for almost a year now - getting along from the get-go, since the day they met in the bathrooms of The X Factor - and Harry knows his lover well enough to be sure that the older boy would make fun of his public status. So, it's something he expected from the moment he heard about it; he's used to Louis giving him a hard time just for kicks, and he would be lying if he said it wasn't one of the many reasons he fell in love with him, in the first place.

However, it gets a bit out of hand as the weeks pass and the joke doesn't fade away from Louis' repertory. He really tries to endure it as much as he can, from Louis' totally indiscreet, loud coughs when older women are around, to him verbalizing it in the middle of interviews; By the way, Harry likes older women, so watch out, he'd say, earning laughs from everyone around him, until Harry stopped finding amusement in it.

Harry understands that it's Louis' way of manifesting his jealousy. Hiding their relationship hasn't been easy, and he hopes with everything he has that things between them get better eventually in the future, to the point that he can hold Louis' hand in public, kiss him, tell the world that he's got the most beautiful and wonderful boyfriend he could ever ask for. Both of them know that is not happening anytime soon, and maybe, just maybe, the teasing and the jokes are his way out of feeling incredibly frustrated.

But, one day Harry snaps, because it's growing tiring already, and it doesn't make either of them laugh anymore. Louis always rolls his eyes subconsciously at the rumor, grips his elbows and Harry can only watch from afar, even if his body screams for him to come over to Louis and hug him until they find some sort of freedom in their embrace.

He can't. Louis doesn't stop the jokes either, so, one day he snaps.

The teasing, the lies and the unbelievably fake rumors pile up in his mind eventually, and in one particular interview, Louis mentions it again.

Everyone laughs, the interviewer says something along the lines of "Your band-mate is throwing you under the bus, Harry!" , and all that Harry wants to express in response is "He's actually my boyfriend and I don't like older women, in fact, I like cock up my arse at any opportunity I get."

But, he only smiles through his concealed anger, faking a chuckle that Louis doesn't catch on. He's too busy smiling to himself and glancing around at the audience, eyes everywhere but Harry. He believes it might has become a game for Louis, just to get on his nerves.

So, he swallows the bitter annoyance, smiles his dimples out, and silently plans for his revenge, which, he believes, might turn out to be quite pleasant.

The interview is over and the band has no other plans for the rest of the day, so at the end of the afternoon all of the boys come back to their hotel rooms in order to rest for the next eventful day. Obviously, Louis' hotel room is empty, unoccupied. It makes no sense that they still book five rooms, when they all know that only four will be put to use. When the band arrives to the hotel's building, screaming fans are awaiting at the entrance, and never in his entire life Harry has wished so much for a minute of silence. He bears through it though, because all the noise is adding to the burning sensation in his chest, and he's about to take it all out towards a very specific someone.