.• fear •.

Shadow stands infront of Sonic whose arms are stretched forward revealing bloody scratches that drip on the tiled floor.

____________________________

SHADOWS POV
____________________________

I stare at the blue hedgehog in shock, his eyes full of pain and fear. Sonic puts his arms down and I pin my ears, hearing every drop of blood hit the floor. What made him do this..such a stunning hedgehog brought to his lowest.. I dont move. "Sonic.." I whisper, and he looks away, his bare hand on one of his arms which makes him wince. I step forward. "Dont do that." I say and Sonic backs up, bumping into the sink, he yelps. I realise what's going on. Its me.
I stop, my eyes widen. "Its me, isn't it, I brought you to do..this." I say and back up, Sonic looks at me with guilt. "Its not- well.. " Sonic tries to explain, his voice slowly going quiet, I stare at him. "It is. Sonic, do I make you uncomfortable?" I ask and Sonic looks away, he turns and washes his arms, flinching but continuing untill his yellow fur is back to its normal colour, he goes to the hand dryer and puts his arms through, his gaze cold. "Is that why you've been so scared to talk to me?" I ask, Sonic stares at his arms, not showing me his reaction, Im staring at his side quills. "Sonic answer me, why did you do this? Are you avoiding me?" I clench my fists, Im worried, anxiety grows inside me for the hedgehog.
Sonic turns, he is is still drying his arms, but he looks down still. "I'm trying to." He answers, his voice full of pain, I stare at him. Unsure of what to say, Sonic looks up. "But no one understands." He whispers, he is crying, of pain, I glance at his arms, he hasn't moved them, it must be hot and burns him. I rush forward and grasp Sonics arms carefully, he stares forward like I'm not even there. "Sonic stop, you're hurting yourself." I beg and hold his bare hands, I look at him but he is not locked eyes with me. He just stares. "Sonic?" I ask and he snaps back to reality. "Shadow just stop, leave me alone." Sonic replies and I step back. "Im trying to help you." I answer and Sonics eyes turn fierce. "Help me? You even acknowledging my existence can kill me and my friends!" Sonic yells and I narrow my eyes, what is he doing. "What do you mean? Is someone threatening you!?" I yell back and Sonics eyes widen, he lowers his arm and walks to his gloves, I notice the razor blade fall out. I grab it quickly. Sonic meets my eyes, like he did when I took his drink. "Give it back." Sonic warns.
I clench my hand around the blade and know Im angry at Sonic, I shouldn't be, but I'm angry he didn't tell me this. "This is too far! You're hurting yourself! Im not giving it back." I yell and swipe away when Sonic tries to pry open my hand, he fixes his gloves on him. "Shadow give it back." Sonic says and tries to launch at me, I move quickly. "NO, YOU DONT DESERVE THIS." I yell and Sonic steps back. "I DO, THAT THING IS KEEPING ME SANE. LET ME BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF DAMMIT." Sonic yells and I flinch, my hand looses its strength and the blade falls, letting Sonic quickly swipe is it from the air, he brushes his arms down so the fur covered any evidence and puts the blade back in one of his glove, I watch him as he storms out. "Why did I even like you." Sonic spits and slams the door, I am left shocked, flabbergasted, confused.
I look at the tiled floor that pooled blood and decide to sit down, my gaze watching as the blood slowly falls in the cracks between tiles and goes to the drain. What have I done. I cross my legs and tilt my head on the side of a bathroom stall, my arm on one of my knees. "Hey Shadow..?" Silver calls my name and I hear a quick conversation with Sonics voice so faint and Silvers so stern before the bathroom door is open and Silvers face pops around. "You alright?" He asks as he comes closer, he looks at the blood and his face turns to worry.
"I'm fine Silver." I reply to Silver and he crouches to my side facing me. "Whats with the blood?" Silver asks and I look at him. "Can you even handle the answer to that question?" I ask and Silver tilts his head. "What do you mean?" He asks and I narrow my eyes. "I dont want to destroy your spirit Silver." I answer and Silver waves his hand dismissively. "I'm sure I can deal with it! I'm not a kid Shads" He says and I sigh, my eyes to the floor. "Its Sonics blood." I answer. "Oh." Silver says, he looks at the blood once again and his eyes narrow. "What did Sonic do?" He asks and I dig my hands in my arms as I cross them. "I found out he..well..cut himself." I whisper and Silvers face seems to fill with shock and regret, he looks at me again. "Oh.." He whispers and I nod. I can feel safe around him.. I sigh and decide to vent.
"I dont understand what's going on, he said its my fault, that I should avoid him for his own good, he even questioned why he liked me..but I've never seen him so scared and hopeless. I just want to see him happy again, I used to hate it but now its all I dream of. I try but he avoids me.. I dont know who hurt him so badly but he said he was threatened. Well- he reacted to my question like I had found out too much.." I blurt out and Silvers eyes softened, his eyes slowly travel to his hands which glow the faintest of blue, his yellow eyes loose their sparkle for a second. "I didn't know that, I didn't know he was so fragile." He says and I look at him, confused, Silver sighs. "Listen.."