28. Mr. Kim

🎵 seventeen - campfire

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, miss. How can I help you?"

Never in your life you ever thought you'd get lost in a hospital. But you did.

Asan Medical Center, also known as AMC, is humongous you couldn't find your way to the front desk after leaving your room after only two minutes. You kind of missed the one hallway you always go through back and forth back in Yong Pyong hospital.

After two weeks of a full therapy session in Yong Pyong, the doctor finally agreed to issue a patient transfer permit to a hospital in Seoul in accordance with your and the members' request. Since they will continue their filming and recording schedule, it's impossible to leave you--someone who live and work alone in Korea--all by yourself in Yong Pyong.

That day was your third day in AMC. You're still wondering about three things ever since you got there; why would the doctor choose AMC out of other less humongous hospitals, why haven't you get any therapy schedule and whether your insurance claim will be accepted considering the medical price must be expensive from AMC's luxurious look.

"I was wondering which way is the front desk? I'm a bit confused." You asked a nurse who happen to be passing by.

"Oh, I'll take you there. I happen to be going the same way." She kindly replied. Not taking no for an answer, she's already standing behind your wheelchair to bring you to the right direction.

"Thank you very much." You answered, the neck cast makes it hard for you to turn your head but the nurse understands.

Right, left, straight, left, right--At first you try to memorize directions so you won't get lost again later. But the design concept that is too minimalist makes almost every hallway and room you pass look the exact same. Even some times you thought you've passed the same route.

"I will definitely get lost again." You mumble before the front desk finally shows up.

The nurse chuckled as she slowed down, placing your wheelchair right in front of the front desk, "Don't worry, you're not the only one."

You thanked her once again while watching the nurse continue her steps towards where the expecting mothers were lining up.

"Good afternoon. How may I help you, miss?" Another nurse greeted you, she was kind enough to walk out from the front desk since you can barely be seen. From her point of view maybe she can only see your forehead.

"Hi, um.. Could you help me check if my therapy session have been scheduled for the nearest time? I was transferred from Yong Pyong hospital three days ago." You handed her the patient card you received when you came to AMC.

With your patient card on her hand, she walked back to her computer to type in some data. Since she still need to read writings on her computer screen, she tiptoed to make sure she sees you properly.

"Miss Cho Y/N, am I right?"

"Yes, correct." You confirmed. Hearing your surname being used again somehow feels kind of odd. Especially after you spent a few years in LA, people usually only call you by Y/N.

"Your therapy session....yes, it's confirmed to start tomorrow with Doctor Lee." She smiled, "Do you want me to print the complete session schedules for you?"

"That would be very great. And oh, AMC pamphlet, maybe? The one that has a map directory on it?" You grinned when she laughed at your request.

When the nurse was about to head out to get the pamphlet, she stopped when she heard you calling her again.