29. Warning

🎵 lee hi - only

Entering your second week at AMC, with a total four weeks of therapy, you feel much freer now that the doctors have finally replaced the cast on your arm and leg with a splint. With your current recovery progress, you're allowed to use crutches to get around as long as it's a short distance.

Indeed, moving forward with crutches is not as easy as you imagine it would be. You almost tripped a few times during your first few tries. Not to mention the itchiness that you feel when the cast is removed, even the slightest gust of wind gives a tickling-tingling feeling on your skin that has been covered for quite some time.

You were watching the latest episode of GoSe on your laptop placed on your overbed table. Next to your laptop can be seen several empty plates from your dinner. The episode currently airing was the one you all shot together a few months ago. The editor team did such a great job converting the raw files into such an exciting episode.

Though your eyes were staring at the screen, your mind was actually thinking about something else, you were absorbed in a deep thought. And that thought was also what makes your eyes slowly glance at the business card Dokyeom gave you, half tucked underneath your laptop.

You were about to call the number listed there, but then you backed out. Moving from a phone call to a text message, it has been typed before eventually got deleted again. It has happened several times since the last few days.

"Ah damn, I don't know what to say." Taking a spoonful of your yogurt dessert, you let it melts in your mouth while looking at the distance, thinking.

"Hello, sir, I would like to thank you for taking care of my medical expenses-- wait but what if he take it back? What if it was a mistake?" You kept on whispering random thoughts at your own statement.

"It's not like I don't like getting free money. Right Y/N? Right, right." You asked yourself, nodding at your own answer afterwards, "But this makes me feel indebted to him? Why does he want to meet me anyway?"

After a few more deep thoughts, you sighed along with a loud groan, "Ah, fuck it." Then punched the complete numbers in one go and press dial.

The first two seconds of waiting for the call to connect feels very nerve wrecking. Even worse when it got directed to the waiting tone--seems like Mr. Kim was currently on another call. Waiting isn't something you're good at, you're already thinking about hanging up, your finger already hovering above the button when it suddenly clicks. He just picked up.

"Hello?"

You mouthed shit when you heard Mr. Kim's voice. Not gonna lie you were a bit intimidated. Not only because of how deep and low his voice is but also because he's the CEO of your company aka your boss. Not to mention you haven't had any contact with him before.

"Hello...? Good evening daepyonim, it's Y/N...is calling you now a good time?"

"Y/N...?" What goes through your mind when he can't seem to remember your name is, how could he forget the person he just spent a million won on, how much money does he have.

"Ahhhh, Cho Y/N? Yes, yes, I've been waiting for your call." Mr. Kim said again after three seconds of awkward silence, "How's your condition?"

"I'm recovering well. I heard that you wish to meet me?" You turned down the laptop volume when Youtube automatically plays the next GoSe episode.

"Correct. I was planning to visit you but not sure about the perfect timing. Heard the therapy schedules are quite tight." From the sound of his slurping you could tell he had just sipped his late coffee.