✰ ❛ 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥 ❜ ✰

"GOD, YOURE POOL IS LUXURIOUS

"GOD, YOURE POOL IS LUXURIOUS." Teagan admired Karas pool. It was huge, it had a slide, and a waterfall. I know I'm supposed to be the rich one, but Kara isn't that far off. The difference is that she likes to spend.

All of us got there early so we hung around the drink bar. "Ugh, I feel, weird in this swimsuit." Tory groaned uncomfortably. She moved her elbow to try and cover the scar on her left hip. "Hey, don't worry. You look beautiful." Jack assured her as he hugged her from behind. "I agree." I raised my hand and put it down. "That why you keep your shirt on?" Matt asked. I just stared at the ground. The scar on my chest wasn't pretty. And I didn't want my old friends to see it.

"Hey don't be scared to show it. That's gonna be there forever, so embrace it." Alan whispered encouragingly in my ear. "Guests will be here soon!" Kara cheered as she walked out of her house in her bathing suit. "Socializing ain't my thing." Matt grimaced at the thought.

"Same here." I mumbled, honestly I was scared to see them. "But babe, this party means a lot." Kara whined to Matt. "I don't know.." He said unsure. "There's a Wii upstairs, wanna go play?" He asked looking towards me. "Yeah, let's go!" Alan butted in, he grabbed my hand and led me upstairs.

As me, Alan, and Matt were chilling in the room, the others came up. "Too much people." Tory groaned as her and Jack took a seat. "I don't know, I think I like everyone's eyes on us." Teagan flipped her hair. "There's this really cute boy, dark skinned, curly-ish hair. So fine." Teagan blushed describing him. Honestly, first person to come to my mind was Dustin. Does that mean they are here already?

Eventually after 10 minutes, we heard that Kara had a speech planned so we headed down. I felt better after Alan's comment so I had taken off my shirt, showing the big scar on my chest. I could hear her announcing things, and I think we went outside at the wrong time cause as we walked out the house, all eyes were on us.

...

ALEX POV

"WHY ARE WE GOING TO THIS RANDOM GIRLS PARTY?" I asked my friends as we were chilling at Connies before heading over. We waited for Brandt, as he was on his way from Sam's. "She's new, and rich." Becca smirked. "Perfect friend for our group." Heather said as Connie squealed with enthusiasm.

"She can replace Mia." Jess brought up. Mia hasn't talked to us, if anything, she's like a ghost. Never answered calls, or texts, never came to our multiple hang outs over summer, I bet she replaced us. However, I couldn't get my mind off her all summer. I thought of the many different ways I could win her back. "Hey, don't say that." Connie warned Jess.

"Do you think she moved?" Dustin asked the group. Everyone just shrugged it off, and Brandt finally arrived. We all got into Connie's moms car and headed to the pool party.

We pulled up to this sort of fancy place. It was huge, and beautiful, nothing I can afford. "God she is so invited in our group." Connie mumbled in awe. "Let's party!" Dustin cheered as he grabbed Connie's hand and was all rushed into the backyard.

There were tons of people, everyone was doing something. "Oh my god, she has a slide!" Heather squealed. "Sick." Brandt mumbled under his breath. "Well I hope you're standing there in awe and not uncomfortableness." This girl joked walking up to us. She has sort of tall, short brown hair, with highlights, and she had dark black eyes. "I'm Kara, and you?" She introduced herself. "Dustin—Connie—Heather— Alex—Becca—Jess—Brandt." Brandt introduced himself last, and in a more flirtatious tone.

"We'll enjoy the party, drink island is over there, the pool, waterfall, and slide, oh and food will be served soon." She gave one last smile and walked away. "Let's go sit somewhere." Heather suggested and we walked around to find some place. "Ew, I just saw Maya and Anna." Becca whispered to us. "What're they doing here." Connie grumbled. "Who cares, there's a waterfall!" Dustin cheered throwing Connie over his shoulders and ran to the pool.

After about 10 minutes Kara walked onto a little platform, "Attention, everyone, may I say a few things." Everyone say surrounding the platform. "Thank you all for coming to my pool party. We may have not met, I'm Kara. I'm new and I moved here with my friends after a freak accident at camp." She laughed the last part off. "What happened!" — "Tell us the story!" Kids yelled out. To be honest, i'm intrigued about what happened at her camp.

She seemed to love everyone begging for the details, and she smiled and caved in, "At our camp, a crazed counselor attacked everyone. Me and my friends were the only survivors." She said. "Liar!" — "Fake!" Multiple people yelled. Honestly, her story is hard to believe. How can do many kids go to a camp, yet only her and her friends survived. "Oh no, they got the scars to prove it!" As she finished her retort, multiple kids walked out the house and on the platform.

There was a boy with reddish curly hair, a girl with hazelnut curls and heart sunglasses, a boy with dark hair, another boy with lighter hair, a darker girl with braids, and a girl with hazelnut hair, with blonde highlights. The last girl looked exactly like- Holy shit. That's Mia. Mia's back! As I scanned over her once again, I saw something on her chest. It looked like a really bad scar. They all stood frozen on stage.

"Like, look, Tory here has a scar on her left hip, Jack has that scar on his arm, Alan has that slash on his face from the maniac, and poor Mia here has an awful scar on her chest from when the counselor beat her with his axe twice." Kara bragged pulling them each to the front to show it off. They all looked visibly uncomfortable. Everyone cheered. The fuck. They obviously went through hell, especially my Mia. She doesn't deserve that.

As the speech ended everyone went back to partying and doing activities. "Oh my god what is that on her chest." Becca said in disgust. "Looks better than your face." Dustin retorted before being hit in the chest by Connie. "Shit bro, braids girls hot as fuck." Brandt commented. "They said her name was Tory." Heather informed Brandt.

"I'm so glad Mias back!" Connie cheered as she started to look around for her. "Hey, we should go find her and catch up." I suggested to everyone. Only Heather, Connie, and Dustin agreed with me. "Why? She basically abandoned us for them." Jess crossed her arms. "Obviously they became close because of the freak accident at their camp, catch up." Heather denied her.

As we were about to stand Mia walked towards us. It was like she walked in slow motion, in my eyes at least. She was so beautiful. Her tan glowing skin, her dark brown hair dancing in the wind as she walked, and he beautiful hazelnut eyes will never fail to hypnotize me. Heather was about to say something to her before she walked right past us. We all sat on the beach chairs confused.

As we turned our heads we watched as she grabbed a drink handed to her from some boy. Her smile was so bright. She looked so happy, happier without me. "Told you." Jess mumbled. "Jess can you shut the fuck up you're getting on my nerves." I glared at her. I never said anything like that, but she was being a bitch today. "Yeah." Connie mumbled in agreement. She seemed sad.

Pool water then splashed on us when we saw that Tory, and the Jack kid cannon ball into the pool. Everyone left the pool to eat. Following up, we watched as Mia and the blonde boy run up and jump in the pool with them. Luckily less water got on us.

Who was he? And why was she with him?

....

A/N

School fr b killing me 😭