Act 1 scene 1

Antonio x Bassanio
Act 1 scene 1
A\N: this is pretty accurate to the storyline but Antonio and Bassanios interactions are super exaggerated and is definitely stretched to make it seem like something actually going on between them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setting: a street in Venice Enter Antonio, Salarino, and Solanio

Antonio is sad and sulking but can't quite pinpoint the reason why
Salarino and Solanio try and figure out why questioning if maybe he's stressed from all his ships being out at see and being in possible danger and if they were him they would be even more stressed out in his situation

Antonio says this isn't the case though as he is a rich man with multiple business opportunities. So Solanio says it must be love and a girl is in the back of Antonio's mind.

Antonio quickly denied this but deep down he knew he was in love but almost couldn't admit that it was with one of his closest friends a man called Bassanio.
He quickly became embarrassed with his thoughts what would everyone think a Christian man with his closest friend would be equal to shylock then.

Solanio and Salarino leave not being able to understand what Antonio is feelings and Loenzo, Gratanio, and Bassanio enter.

Lorenzo leaves quickly after arriving and informs Antonio they will meet later that night. Gratanio mentions to Antonio that he doesn't look well and that Antonio is young and should get drunk while having fun and leave with Lorenzo. Perhaps Antonio will take his advice and have some fun with Bassanio.

The tension in the air is prominent Antonio is aware of a mystery woman that Bassanio has had his eyes on and reluctantly asks about her with a hint of jealousy in his voice.
Bassanio talks about how he has been having money problems before he addresses Antonio's question and mentions a woman called Portia and how he wishes to court her potentially.

Bassanio notices the somewhat upset face Antonio is presenting but continues on and asks for money. Suddenly a bright idea enters Antonio's mind he could ask for something in exchange so his plan was set in action.

Antonio says at the moment he doesn't have enough money for Bassanio but if Bassanio wishes he can go out into Venice and use his name as credit to get money elsewhere, but Bassanio has to do something for him too. Bassanio accepts and is left wondering what Antonio's request will be.

A\N: what have I done anyways hope you enjoyed the beginning of this scandalous romance