Chapter Seven

Flashback

Ana, Matt, Charlie, and Silena stood on the Camp Half-Blood beach, the bodies of their parents lying in front of them. Charlie sobbed, Ana was hyperventilating, and Matt and Silena looked about to pass out from shock.

"So, we're orphans now?" Matt asked.

"Yes." Silena's voice sounded so far away. Ana couldn't breathe. Suddenly, Silena was hugging all of them in one big group hug.

"Breathe, Ana, breathe." Silena whispered. A silvery halo surrounded the four, and a Mistform Annabeth and Percy appeared.

"Children." Annabeth's voice sounded unnaturally like Silena's.

"Mom, why!" Char screamed, tearing at her hair. Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"You must continue our quest. We have failed, so now, we pass the burden on to you." Percy looked so sad as he said that it was almost as if he was thinking about challenging Echidna, while dead, to save his kids.

"We wouldn't do this to you if the fate of all demigods hung in the balance," Annabeth added, twining her fingers with Percy's. She reached out, trying to wipe the tears of Charlie's face, but the silver halo turned into a domed shield of light, shocking Annabeth, who pulled her hand back.

"Know that you have our absolute confidence. You should have at least two years to train, Echidna is not powerful enough to kill the gods without my soul." Percy's features started to dissolve.

"Find my prophecy! Follow it to the end of the world! Save the demigods!" Annabeth cried as she and Percy disappeared. Silena looked at her hands. They glowed silver and gold.

"My girl, you have my blessing. Use it wisely." Silena thought she saw Artemis, Apollo, and Hecate whisper the same thing. Her concentration was broken when Charollette let out a loud wail. Ana's breathing sped up, and Matt fainted.

Silena, about to break from the loss of her parents as well, pictured a bubble. She snapped her fingers, and Ana, Matt, Charlie, Annabeth, Percy, and herself appeared inside the bubble. She directed it to the Big House, where Chiron was waiting outside. Once she saw him, she let the bubble pop right by the porch.

Finally, Silena allowed one silver tear to trace its way down her cheeks.

Ana watched. Then, she swore on the River Styx that she would bring them back, no matter what.

Flashback ends