Chapter 9

Shehnaaz POV:

I DIDN’T SLEEP AFTER watching Sidharth kill David in front of me and then ushered back to my room. I sit alone in the dining room, picking at various fruits when Sidharth and Lorenzo walk in and take their seats. I glare at Sidharth, who pretends not to know I exist, before looking at Lorenzo. He at least pretends to look guilty as he grabs some food to fill his plate.

“So, are you just going to kill every man I talk to? Because I talk to Lorenzo. Are you going to kill Lorenzo?”
Sidharth scoffs, bringing his napkin up to his mouth. “I’m not going to kill Lorenzo. Just any man you try to talk to, flirt with, or have sex with.”

I roll my eyes as Hailey saunters into the dining room and places a cup of coffee in front of Sidharth. “As if you have any right to talk or say anything about who I talk to.” I pick up a strawberry and fling it at Hailey’s head as she whines, and I hear Lorenzo laugh.

Sidharth sighs, rolling his eyes. “Stop acting like a child.”

“Stop acting like a dick!” I drink down the rest of my coffee and stand up, glaring at him over the table. “For every woman I catch you with, that’s a baby I abort! And I mean it! I’ll throw myself down the fucking stairs if I have to!”

Sidharth starts yelling after me in Italian, but I ignore it as I stomp fromb the dining room and up the stairs. No sooner do I have my door shut; it is thrown open by an angry Sidharth stomping into the room after me. “You’ll do no such thing!”

“I will!” I push him back, my hands flat on his chest, knowing it doesn’t do much. I barely reach his chin, even on my tip toes, as he glares down at me. His eyes are wild and dark with anger as he grips my wrists. “I fucking mean it!

I will do whatever I must to to not give you a baby! So, you might as well kill me!”

“I don’t!—” He juts out his jaw before snapping his mouth closed, clenching tightly as he releases my wrists, pushing me back onto the bed. “I just want you to do as you are told. Please!”

I lean up on my elbows to look at him. “And I just want my husband to want me!”

He groans, raking his hands down his face, taking a step toward me on the bed. He leans over me, resting his hands on either side of me. “Lorenzo and I are going out tonight. Stay here and behave yourself.” He pushes off the bed without another word and stalks to the door.

"I hate you. And I hate it here." Sidharth drops his head down for a moment before leaving the room and slamming the door behind him. I scream up at the ceiling before plopping back on the bed.

THE MANSION IS DARK and eerily quiet after I have dinner in my room. I open my door to find a guard outside my room. I sigh, closing it quickly and looking around my room. I form a plan before I get dressed. I find a matching red lace panty and bra set before finding a short, thin red dress to wear over it. I grab heels and enter the bathroom, screaming out.

The guard outside my room bursts into the bathroom, and I point to the tub. “I thought I saw a spider!” I grab a bottle of perfume and spray his eyes as he groans. “Sorry,” I whisper, turning and shutting him in the bathroom. I run down to the garage before hearing him yelling for me on the stairs. I laugh as I pull out of the garage and away from the mansion, securing my freedom for the night.

I realize as I drive that I don’t know where to go without David. I realize I don’t actually have anywhere to go. I decide to drive to Sidharth’s club, Indigo, to get a drink.

A guard stops me when I try to enter. “I’m sorry, it’s a private event tonight, Miss.”
I show him my ID and credit card with my name. “Well, I am Mrs.Shukla, and my husband owns this club.”