Chapter 27

Guysss I seriously want some motivationnnn..

I want likes and comments for the next update.

Sidharth's POV:

I ENTER THE HOUSE in the late afternoon, even sooner than expected,
having secured new contracts easier than with Antonio. I don’t hear
anything on the first floor, so I climb the stairs and see Lorenzo’s door cracked open. I move to push it open but stop when I hear the moans
coming from the room. I stand beside the door, resting my head against the wall as my heart sinks.

“I Love You, Shehnaaz.” I hear Lorenzo utter the words and hold my breath while waiting for them to be repeated. A part of me is happy when I don’t. I gently set the flowers I bought for my wife on the ground outside the door and enter my own bedroom, quietly shutting the door behind me and kicking off my shoes.

I’m only pacing for a minute before I hear the door open and see Lorenzo
enter ahead of Shehnaaz, who are now dressed. Shehnaaz holds up the flowers to me. “You bought me flowers?”

“I did.” I plop on the bed, gripping the edge as I hang my head down.

“Thank you, Sidharth.” Shehnaaz sets the flowers on the dresser and steps toward me, resting her hand on my shoulder. I can’t help but shrug her away as Lorenzo sighs. “Do you want to talk about this?”

“Talk about this?” I laugh, standing back up, balling my hands into fists.

“I know you’re young, and you’ve never been married, but fucking your
husband’s best friend is not normal etiquette.”

Lorenzo moves to stand in front of her, but she pushes him back as I
watch her eyes well with tears. “I… you told me that you didn’t want to
take me away from him.”

“I know! Fuck!” I throw my hands up with a grunt. “I either take away
the only woman Lorenzo has ever loved or let touch him, or I become a
cuck!”

Lorenzo scoffs, "come on. Don’t be dramatic; you know that’s not true.”

“I don’t understand. What does that mean?” Shehnaaz begins to sob as I
sigh, bringing my palms up to my head with a groan.

“Nothing! Never mind. Just…” I pull my shoes back on. “Just nothing.
I’m going out. I’ll be back…”

Sobs come from behind me as I rush down the stairs, hearing Lorenzo
follow me. He grabs my shoulder at the base of the stairs, pulling me back to face him. “Stop. Don’t leave. It’s my fault. Please.”

“I can’t deal with this right now, Lorenzo. I’m sorry.”

“She loves you! I know you feel the same.”

I laugh, leaving out the front door as he continues to follow me. “That’s funny. And a lie.”

“It’s not.”

“No,” I turn back onto him quickly, poking him hard in the chest as he
clenches his jaw tightly, “you love her. And she loves you.”

“Maybe, maybe not. But I’ve seen how she looks at you. She admires
you and wants the same in return. I can see the love, can’t you?”

“Yes,” I scoff. “I can see it when she looks at you, not me.”

He groans, raking his hands down his face. “I’ll stay away from her. Just don’t leave.”

“Look, I realize this is my fault. I pushed her to you when she first got here. And now I will have to figure out how to deal with it.”

“You think I asked for this! I’ve lived almost forty years completely
content being all by myself! Content without a woman, without someone to
love. I didn’t want this.”

His voice is almost pleading as I sigh, watching my broken friend. “Did you use protection?”

“Of course we did.”

“Of course,” I repeat softly. “Look, I’ll be back. I just need some time.” I hear him groan as I turn away from him and hear the front door slam shut.

THERE’S A LOUD KNOCK on the office door of the club, jolting me awake. I slam my feet onto the floor, groaning at the pain in my back.

“Come in…” I’m surprised to find Antonio in front of me, a grin on his
face. “What are you doing here so early?”

“I should ask you the same. Trouble at home?”

“No,” I wave my hand dismissively as I sit up from my desk, leaning
over to shake his hand. “What do you want?”

He plops into the chair across from me as I take my own seat. “I paid
back the money I owed you for our little misunderstanding.”

“Oh… You did?”

He nods, raising his brows. “Yeah. Check with your accountant.”

“Yeah, alright. Thanks.” I stand up again, adjusting my shirt in my pants and flattening my hand over my jacket. “I need to get home. Worked late.”

“Sure…” He hesitates as he stands up. “So, you didn’t hear then?”

“Hear what, Antonio?” I try to garner my annoyance as I nudge him out
of the office. He turns back to me with a grin on his face. “Carrie was caught in a shootout last night. She’s dead.”

“Wait, what?!” I grab his arm as he flinches slightly. “What the fuck are you talking about?”

He sighs, rolling his eyes. “She was having dinner with some other
members of the Mancini family, and there was a drive-by. Sadly, she was
caught in the crossfire.” He says sadly but smiles as he does.

My heart clenches briefly in my chest. “And the baby?”

Antonio laughs, squeezing my shoulder. “No more Carrie, no more baby.
It’s a happy day, is it not? Now no one can question the legitimacy of your own children you’ll have with my daughter.”

“And Dante?”

He shrugs, “he’s fine.”

I rush away from him, leaving him standing alone in the club, calling
after me. “I have to get home; let yourself out!”

--------------------------

Uhmmmuhhh... That's a bit sad and disheartening...

Some Confessions gonna be out soon and also some revealations..

Hope you guys liked it.

Lemme know about your views, in the comments or Inbox.!

If you like then pls do like, share, comment and follow for more❤❤

~Love love💕