Prologue

This story is about Scarlett (28 years old), Cobie (29 years old) and Yn (16 years old).

Scarlett and Cobie are a married couple and tried to have a baby for a really long time but it never worked. Nine months ago the pregnancy test Scarlett took was positive and they were the happiest couple in the world. Scarlett was the one carrying the baby but it had Cobie's genes too (Just imagine it would work). Everything went just fine until the day of the birth. They went to the hospital a day before because Scarlett's amniotic sac had burst and the doctor told Scarlett and Cobie that the baby would come tomorrow. On the next day the baby came but when it was out it was silent, much too silent. The doctor and midwife were stressed and tried to make the baby cry but it just wouldn't, it was dead. Scarlett and Cobie were heartbroken, they lost their only chance of ever becoming parents.

Yn is a good friend of Scarlett and Cobie, even if their is a big age gap between them. When Yn's parents died a year ago in a car accident she first got into an orphanage but because she was already 16 she decided to live alone and get a part time job while going to school, to afford her little apartment. She was stressed all day and her only free time was at night so she decided to go in night clubs. This is where she met Scarlett and Cobie, who she instantly became friends with. They became the only people she could trust and who would care for her. Both of them know all about Yn's life and feel really sorry for the girl but also love her with all their hearts.

Yn couldn't stand seeing her friends like this, so the day after everything happen she decided to book a trip to the Maldives for the three of them because they needed to clear their minds and have some time to relax away from where everything happened.
Both, Scarlett and Cobie were very grateful for this trip and a friend like Yn but what they didn't knew then was that this trip is going to change their life and will make them a little family.

——————————————————————————

389 words