Chapter 9 - Emerson

As I sat in the car outside of my apartment complex, my roommate came running out the front door. Fear was written across his face as he ran down the street. I had no idea what Mr. Jett could have done to make my roommate so scared. A series of ideas ran through my mind, but it didn't matter, because regardless of what he did, I felt a deep satisfaction that he scared the shit out of my roommate. It was a little while later when Mr. Jett came downstairs with some of my stuff. I examined him when he entered the car. There was no blood on him, no bruises. My roommate didn't hurt him. I wondered what Mr. Jett looked like when he was threatening.

I was so exhausted that it was difficult to argue with Mr. Jett letting me stay with him. I figured I would stay with him just a day or two and then maybe I could find more accommodations. When I entered his townhouse, I tried to hide my amazement at the place. I was so relieved it was not entirely stark white and gray the way so many rich people's houses were. It had a lot of character. It was just so huge, too. When he mentioned the elevator, I was a little dumbfounded. It was dark in the house, so I didn't get to see a whole lot of the decor. Regardless, it was the spare bedroom that amazed me. In particular, the bed. It was the softest, most comfortable bed I had ever slept in. I slept in all the way until eleven o'clock.

When I woke up, I decided to explore the house. The spare bedroom itself was nice, with white walls but ethereal teal decor with hardwood floors. The spare bathroom was entirely in the brand's teal color, reminding me of a vintage bathroom like at my grandma's house. The second spare bedroom had more of a navy blue style to it, but it was a little smaller than my bedroom. There was also a small gym with a large window facing the back of the house, enough to let some natural lighting in. 

Downstairs on the fourth floor were three more spare bedrooms with a shared bathroom. The third floor had yet another bedroom in a nice jade color that I liked. Then came the library, which kind of blew me away. Floor to ceiling bookshelves lined the room, with two sofas and two armchairs in the center of the library. This is also where the balcony on the front of the townhouse was. I liked to picture myself sitting on the balcony for breakfast, but quickly got the thought out of my head.

The second floor seemed to be like a normal house. It had a gorgeous dining room with a table that could seat twelve people. There was a bathroom, another bedroom, and then there was a living room with a great entertainment center and a patio that seemed like a normal person's patio. The first floor had a den, so basically a living room without an entertainment center but it had a cool conversation put like from the 70's. I recognized the kitchen from when we went through it from the garage. It had a kitchen island with barstools, all the appliances you could ever need, even a detached broiler. It had a pretty backsplash that gave me Spanish vibes and navy blue tiling on the counter. I liked that his house was kind of an ode to vintage decor.

In the basement I entered the wine cellar which led into a game room of sorts. It had a pool table, ping pong table, dart board, poker table, and a video game setup. Through the game room was a long hot tub that was covered. I took the elevator from the basement all the way up to the sixth floor. I entered upon a terrace with a glass dome. The terrace had a fire pit in the center and surrounding chairs, along with tons of plants. String lights lined the wrap-around balcony, but they were not on. So I went up the spiral staircase and entered the first room, which was a gorgeous art gallery. There were photographs and paintings all around, along with some sculptures spread throughout the room. I knew I could spend so long looking, but I wanted to keep exploring. So I walked along the balcony to the door on the other side.

I entered upon a huge bedroom that was monochromatic in a dark teal. The only other color was the gold accents on everything and the hardwood floors, trim, and bed frame. It was enough accenting to make the teal not overwhelming. Due to the unmade bed and the open closet door, I realized this was Mr. Jett's room. I started to retreat, but then remembered Mr. Jett saying nothing was off limits. I wasn't going to snoop, but I did want to see his bathroom, which matched his bedroom. It had the biggest shower I had ever seen. The bath tub was almost like a mini pool, I swear. He had a Jack and Jill sink, but only one side seemed to be used. I opened a door that led to a small office. The window looked down on the back patio.