Chapter 43: Emerson

It was such a privilege to be able to travel all over the world and for so long. That being said, it was also very tiring. So when we finished the tour and arrived back in New York, it was so relieving. We arrived in the later evening and immediately fell asleep at Lafayette's. The next morning, after lots of rest, we both decided to visit our families. I missed my family. They were so eager to hear about my travels. Throughout the whole trip, I posted on social media, where I actually received a lot more followers, mostly because they wanted to see Lafayette. It was also a good way for my family to get a glimpse at things. I put a few more private images or videos on my "closest friends" stories just for them to see.

Lafayette was going to see his parents. He told me he was going to tell them about Father Jamison and everything in regards to that tragic part of his life. He insisted on doing it alone, but when he told his siblings he was going to do it, they planned on joining him. He was very scared, but he knew it had to be done. There was a change in him, since he told me and told his therapist. It was rather beautiful to see.

Before we each departed ways, we stopped at the office first to drop off most of the work equipment we had brought with us.

"It feels so weird to be back here," I said.

"It does. I can't say I missed it," Lafayette said.

"Really? I did miss it. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal." I sat on the couch in Lafayette's office as he looked through his box of work materials.

"Maybe I should retire," he said. He put his hands on his hips and looked into the box. "I'm too tired to deal with all of this." He flipped the box closed and sat next to me on the couch."It will be weird getting back to normal. Who I was before the trip seems like a completely different person." He looked over at me. "Same for you."

"I guess you could say I am different," I said. "I mean, the sex definitely played a role."

He laughed, his laugh louder as of late. It was nice. "True...but Em-"

"Sh," I said, putting my hand over his mouth. "We are not officially back to work. We can talk about what to do when we truly come back. Okay?"

He grabbed my hand and kissed my palm. He kissed it and kissed my wrist, up my forearm, up to my shoulder, my collarbone, and my neck. He bit at my neck, gently, and moved to my lips. We kissed slowly, his lips locking with mine, interrupted by the flip of a tongue. I moved over so I was sitting on his lap. I had guiltily daydreamed about having sex with him in the office. It did not take me long to get turned on. So soon enough, our clothes were off and he was laying down on the couch while I sat on him.

My assumption was that we were not going to continue having sex once we got back to work. It made sense, but then a part of me wanted to tell him how much I loved him and that I didn't care what happened, as long as I was with him. Would I actually do that? It was hard to say. It was terrifying to put it all out on the line like that. But the way he would hold me when we had sex, the look in his eyes, the soft kisses he left - it felt like making love. I felt loved. I had to tell him soon.

After we finished, we got dressed and went down to the garage. Lafayette dropped me off at the train station and he drove to his parents' house. I told him to text or call me if he needs me. I repeated this many times to him. I knew it was not going to be an easy visit for him, but he was strong and it was something he wanted to do. He would be okay, in the end.

Once I arrived into my hometown, Mom and Dad picked me up from the train station. They both hugged me tightly. Mom talked a mile a minute on the drive to the house, telling me about my trip as thought she were the one on it instead of me. She saved all of her favorite pictures and videos that I sent her. When we got to the house, she used the bathroom and that's when Dad asked me how I enjoyed the trip. I told him about the food and the views, the adventures, and the shows. When Mom came back, she was actually quiet and listened.