The Battle for Trost

*I know I'm taking a lot of creative liberties yes I know most of this canonical takes places in Shiganshina*

The bright sunlight hurt his eyes and Bertholdt made his way outside with the others.

He could see in the distance the Marley military planes coming.

He turned to face the group. "Reiner and I have to find Gabi and Falco. Hange where would they have possibly taken them?"

"Probably the Survey Corps main building, seeing how the the Jeagerists have apparently taken over".

"You can't go in there unarmed." Jean said.

Bertholdt didn't want to waste anytime but he knew Jean was right.

"Come on the armory is this way". Mikasa said motioning for him to follow her.

****************************************************
Sasha grabbed 2 rifles, making sure they were loaded.

"Connie and I are going to get my family to safety, we will catch up with you guys at the Corps headquarters."

"Right, we will try to head off Marley as best we can" Armin said.

Hange strapped a rifle to her back and was heading towards the stables.

"Commander where are you going?" Connie asked.

"I have to find Levi, if Marley is attacking I'm sure Zeke is involved somehow"

***************************************************
Bertholdt and Reiner made their way through the streets as the rumbling noise grew louder.

"Sh*t, look in the distance"

Bertholdt shielded his eyes from the sun and saw the airships in the far distance.

"I didn't think Marley would counter so soon" Bertholdt said.

"Well they have lost the Colossal, Female, and Armored, and now the Warhammer. Of course they are going to attack. They need their goods back."

"Yet Zeke doesn't give two sh*ts about what happens to Gabi and Falco." Bertholdt said bitterly.

Bertholdt was about to round the corner when Reiner stopped him.

"Look"

Outside of the Corps headquarters, several scouts were on their knees, guns at their heads by their former comrades.

"That's Floch...and Yelena" Reiner murmured. "But what are-"

The sound of a gunshot cut Reiner off, and the two watched in horror as a scout's lifeless body dropped to the ground.

"We have to get closer" Bertholdt said.

The two inched closer to hear Floch's words.

"The choice is simple, fight for Paradis, for the savior of the Eldian people, or we will see you as a traitor"

The young scout whimpered, and nodded her head, trying to not to look at her dead friend beside her.

"Good"

"You're a b*stard Floch, Eren isn't going to save us he's-"

He was cut off but a shot to the head.

Looking around Reiner tapped a shocked Bertholdt on the shoulder. "I think the back way may be an option."

Managing to avoid detection, the two slipped into one of the back entrances of the massive building.

"Reiner we should have helped them" Bertholdt said sadly.