Letting Go

"So...give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you" Levi said cocking the gun with his good hand.

Bertholdt reached up to bite his hand.

"Bertholdt no!" Reiner grabbed his hand. "Hange!!"

Bertholdt could hear footsteps approaching the deck.

"Well...I'm waiting Annie.." Levi said coldly.

Bertholdt broke free of Reiner and charged at Levi.

Without even looking, Levi's leg shot out kick Bertholdt straight in the chest. Bertholdt went flying backwards, the air being knock out of his chest.

"Now...your time is ticking away"

Bertholdt looked and saw Annie trying to hide her fear. 

"You didn't think I wouldn't remember....do you even remember or were they just another person to toss aside. Like they were nothing..."

"I-I..I didn't-"

"Cut the sh*t Leonhart!! You made a choice, and for wait some 'honorary Marley' bullsh*t"

"They were trying to kill me..."

"After you murder countless scouts...they had names and lives, people they loved and people who loved them! SAY THEIR NAMES!!!"

Annie tried to speak but nothing would come out.

Levi pushed the barrel against her forehead.

"Petra, the girl you smashed into a tree, want to marry Oluo, the young man's spine you severed. My Vice captain, Eld bit him in half, left him to bleed out, had a fiancée waiting at home. And finally Gunther, left him hanging up side down, was in the Corps to help pay for his sick father's care."

"Levi!" Hange came onto the deck. "We need the female Titan!"

"Do we Hange...we have the armored and colossal...the cart"

"We wouldn't have made it out of the harbor with out her" Bertholdt said getting to his feet.

"You stay out of this...your just a guilty as she is" Levi snapped.

"You think your hands are so clean?" Bertholdt asked. "How many titans have you killed? Those were still people, people just trying to find a way out."

Levi's fingers started to tremble.

Finally steady on his feet, Bertholdt walked over to Levi. Levi turned to face him and Bertholdt grabbed the barrel of the gun.

"If you want revenge then kill me" he said placing the barrel against his forehead. "I'm the one who forced her to continue with the 57th, so if you want to kill me, and lose the colossal to someone who you don't know is an ally or an enemy go right ahead."

"Enough!! Levi as your superior I ordered to stand down" Hange said.

Levi didn't move.

"Look Levi, I'll make you a deal. I don't have much time left any ways. If we both survive this, you can personally kill me yourself." Bertholdt said, his eyes cold.

Levi lowered the gun. "We have deal then"

Levi then made a quick turn flipping the gun in the process, pistol whipping Annie in the head.

"Annie!" Bertholdt managed to get to her before she completed hit the deck, out cold.

"Bertholdt...you better survive then" Levi said letting Hange help him below deck.

"Do we have a first aid kit, she's bleeding" Bertholdt asked lifting Annie into his arms.

"I'll grab Sasha. She's in charge of most of our medical care" Reiner said. Bertholdt noticed he said "our" instead of "them".