Old Friends

Bertholdt felt sick. He scanned the damage and destruction. There were bodies everywhere.

His eyes widened as he saw the Warhammer for the first time. Eren turned to face her.

"Bertholdt we gotta go!" Armin shouted through the chaos.

Bertholdt didn't move. "I hope Falco and the others found shelter in time" he thought.

"Bertholdt!!"

Before Bertholdt could speak, the ground shook. The three of them turned to see the beast Titan making his way towards the square.

"Zeke, Armin Eren can't take them both"

"Don't worry about Zeke, Levi has it handled." Armin said. As if on cue the scouts rose into the air, blending in to the night sky. But it wasn't hard to pin point the familiar green cloak of Levi Ackerman.

"Armin I have to see if the kids are ok, I can't just leave them!"

"Who cares about them" Floch said.

"They're just f*cking kids, plus I made a promise to Reiner to keep his young cousin safe!"

Armin thought for a moment. "Fine but the airship will be leaving from the extraction point in 2 hours. If you aren't there then you are on your own"

"Got it!"

************************************************
Falco was running through the chaotic streets.

"GABI, UDO, ZOFIA!!!"

He turned the corner to see the Attack Titan colliding with what Falco presumed to be the Warhammer.

"COLT...WHERE ARE YOU?"

****************************************************
It had been a while since Bertholdt had used ODM gear but the movements felt natural to him.

He glided from roof top to roof top towards the chaos, hoping to catch a glimpse of Gabi.

*******************************************************
Turning another corner Falco almost cried seeing his brother and Gabi.

"Falco!!" Colt sprinted towards him. "We have to find cover fast."

The three managed to take cover in a warehouse, backs pressed against the wall.

"Where's Udo and Zofia?"

Colt and Gabi remained silent. But Falco could by the haunted look on Gabi's face that they were dead.

"Have you seen Pieck or Porco?" Colt asked.

Falco shook his head. "I think Bertholdt had something to do with it"

"With what?"

Falco stretched out his arms. "All of this. He must have incapacitated them. I think he's working with the Paradis military. I saw him, he said he was sorry and told me to hide"

Gabi's eyes went from horror to anger.

"He's a traitor!"

"I don't know...he said he was doing this for us, for our future" Falco said.

****************************************************
Bertholdt was on the street now, looking for the kids. He knew he couldn't check at the hospital, the gear would give him away.

A loud roar caused Bertholdt to pause. He looked to the the Jaw Titan, and the Cart Titan.

"Sh*t"

He looked at his watch and knew he had to move fast. He thought about using his Titan but he knew it would just make the situation worse.