Repaying my Debt

The next day, they all gathered in one of the common areas of the ship. A map spread out on the table.

"So we are just about to the military outpost here. Once we get their we can take the plane to Fort Salva. Where we can head off Eren" Onyonkapon said.

"What's a plane?" Sasha asked.

"It's like a boat that can fly"

"A flying boat" Hange's serious face turned into one of wonder. "First flying titans, and now flying boats"

"Gabi and Falco will stay on the ship as it heads out to anchor a few miles off shore" Reiner said.

"What!?!" Gabi protested.

"But you need us, you need my titan!" Falco said.

"Reiner's right, you guys are still just kids and we aren't going to let you put your lives at risk" Sasha said.

"That goes for you too Sasha" Connie added.

"Connie I'm not letting you guys do this on your own!"

"Mr. Springer is right. With your shoulder the way it is." He shot a look at Gabi. "You'll be more of a hindrance than an aid" Levi said calmly.

"I'm more able bodied than you" Sasha retorted. "You only have like 2 fingers on your right hand"

Levi looked down at his hand.

"Two fingers is all I need"

***************************************************
"This is complete bullsh*t" Gabi said angrily.

"You're telling me" Sasha said.

"I'm the best one with a gun" they both said.

"I saw that we use Falco's Titan when they leave on the plane, follow them." Gabi said.

"That's a great idea Gabi" Sasha said.

"Do you guys think that's the best thing to do?" Falco asked.

"We have to!" Gabi said.

Sasha could see the same fire in her eyes that she had had as a young cadet. But her fathers words echoed in her mind.

"It's up to us to lead these kids out of that forest"

"My father is right this isn't your fight. No child should have to carry this weight"

"But Ms. Sasha..." Gabi protested.

Sasha knelt down to Gabi's level. "Look I know you want to protect your home and Reiner, I truly understand. But I can't let anything happen to you or Falco. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Face Kaya again."

**************************************************
They were now docked at the military outpost. Loading the plane.

Sasha pulled Connie aside behind a stack of crates.

"You guys need me to come with you."

"Sash...I...I almost lost you once I won't risk losing you again." He leaned in a kissed her softly. "I love you Sasha."

"I love you too Connie, so if you die I'll kill you myself"

"How can you kill me I'm already dead?"

Sasha smiled shaking her head. "Just survive please".

**************************************************
Bertholdt overheard the conversation, making a note to keep a eye on Connie.

"Hey you brats gather up!" Levi barked. "We're about to depart"