CHAPTER 1: I'm in college now!

• Dedicated to My very first friend in college

~ "I can't believe it!"

~ "Summer is almost over!"

~ "I'll be in college soon!"

That was me after graduating highschool. I never had an idea of what college is all about then. Well, I thought for once that it would somehow be easier than my highschool life; that, it would mean a brand new life for me. You know what I mean right? 

..........

~ "Victor! The school bus is about to arrive!"

Oh shoot! I almost forgot! It's the first day of school! I'm in college now! Good thing my granny screamed right into my ears. HaH!

~ "Coming granny!" 

Mmmm! My breakfast served me well. Oh .... that potato salad tasted really good. My granny really is an expert when it comes to cooking. Everytime I wake up, good food would always be on our table.

~ "PeeeeP!"

That's the school bus alright. 

~ "Bye Granny! Thanks for the salad! See you later!"

I then got in the bus. I felt very nervous - you know, new environment, new faces and hopefully, new friends to be with.

..........

~ "Howdy! Welcome aboard. I'm Danny, your friendly school bus driver. Hop in!"

That's Danny. He really is friendly. When he greeted me that way, I was delighted. He made my day.

However, when I got in ............

~ "Sorry. This seat is taken."

~ "Get off me! Duh! Newbies are not accepted here! Go find your own seat!"

I don't understand it. It seems like everyone is against me, except for Danny. I don't even know them yet. But they sure don't like me beside them. I was just trying to be friendly but I guess, it didn't work out.

So, I had no choice but to sit at the very last seat with no one else to be with but me. They were all laughing together while I remain silent and alone on that backseat. You know how I felt? I felt so stupid again. Oh, c'mon! Don't let me feel this way again. It's the first day of school! 

..........

Then another one got in too. He was about my age and I bet, he also was a newbie like me. I was not expecting him to sit beside me nor even glance at me.

Until ....................

~ '"Hey there! Are you new here too?"

I never thought that he would talk to me. For once, I thought that he was also like the others in the bus. But he's not. He's actually different from all the rest. And from that moment, I already felt comfortable with him.

~ "I'm Roy by the way. You look so sad. Is there something wrong?" he said.

~ "Nice meeting you Roy. The name's Victor. Yeah I'm sad, until you came in. Thank goodness I now have someone to be with." I replied with a smile.

We had some chitchats until we finally arrived in school.

..........

~ "So Victor, this is our new home. Creepy huh?" 

Well, I can't blame Roy for feeling a little creepy with the university we're in. It's as if, we're in Harvard or something. Everywhere you look, people read; people study. No one among them talks. They're all NERDS!  

..........

~ "Crinnnnnnnnggggggg!"

Okay. Here goes the bell.

.........

English Literature - that's our very first class.

~ "Jeez! Is this an orphanage or something?"

You won't believe it if I tell you. We were around 50 in that room and I could hardly breathe! I know Roy felt that way too. C'mon! What kind of university is this?! No airconditioner? Only ceiling fans? You must be kidding me!

..........

~ "Good morning!"

Oh! That's our professor.

~ "Call me Josephine. I'll be your English Literature prof. for the whole semester."

She seems to be kind. She's tall, beautiful and very knowledgable. Oh wait! Don't get me wrong, okay? I didn't feel anything about her. I was just ..... just ..... oh forget it!

English Literature was awesome! A good start for that day.

But my day got better when I saw the one I've been waiting for.

You probably know what I mean right?