Chapter 19: Destiny

The setting sun cast long shadows over the rugged landscape, bathing everything in a fiery hue. Birds were returning to their nests, and the whispering wind carried promises of the night. At the edge of a cliff, Elena stood, taking in the vast panorama, lost in her thoughts.

With purpose in every stride, Eric walked up behind her, the weight of his unspoken feelings pulling him forward. He looked out into the horizon, then turned his gaze to her. "Elena."

She looked back, a question in her eyes.

"I've been holding back, hiding behind walls I built to protect myself incase you rejected me and the bond. But it's time to tear them down. You're my mate. I should've told you straight up. No games, no holding back, I want you. I always have and I always will."he said, his voice firm with resolve.

She took a deep breath, " You don't have a choice isn't that how mates work."

He locked eyes with her. "The perfect person is chosen for us. It's an honour not a hinderance. I realized that by trying to be the smart, cautious leader, I was pushing away the one thing that truly mattered. You. That I made you feel like I didn't want you. When all I really want is you."

Elena moved a step closer, her gaze unwavering. "All this time, I felt something... a pull. But I didn't know if it was real, or just my imagination."

Eric reached out, gripping her shoulders, the raw intensity in his eyes. "It's as real as it gets. What I feel for you is undeniable. I'm all in, Elena. Even if that means your reject pack life and go back to live with the humans. I'll come with you. You are my first priority, my first love."

Elena met his conviction with her own. "I want this, Eric. I want you. I won't to be apart of your pack. Your world."

Eric nodded, pulling her into a firm embrace. Their lips met, the kiss speaking volumes of the passion and commitment that words could never capture. The surrounding world seemed to blur, leaving just the two of them, standing firm against any storm that might come their way.

As night fell, the pack gathered in the distance, raising their heads in a collective howl, celebrating the union of their Beta and his mate.

The end.