Chapter 8: Territory of Trust

The drive to the shifter territory was filled with anticipation. The landscapes shifted from the bustling urban sprawl to a serene expanse of nature, replete with towering trees and tranquil lakes. Elena looked out, captivated by the beauty, but also acutely aware of entering a domain where humans were rarely welcome.
"You okay?" Eric's voice broke her reverie. His expression was a mix of concern and amusement.

"Just... it's a lot to take in," she replied.

He chuckled, "Yeah, home has that effect on people."

As they approached the pack's central gathering place, a majestic home nestled amidst the trees, Elena felt dozens of eyes on her. But in truth no one was around.

Upon entering the home, the grandeur of the place was evident. High ceilings with intricately carved beams, walls adorned with symbols that Elena guessed were of significance to the pack. They walked through long all ways and stopped at a large wooden door. Eric knocked and a muffled "come in" c
Ane through the door.

Eric opened the door and an imposing figure was seated. Even seated you tell he was a large man, the air around him crackled with authority. This was the Alpha.

As they approached, the Alpha's eyes scrutinized Elena, assessing.

Eric stepped forward, a hint of deference in his posture. "Alpha, this is Elena. She's been instrumental in our investigation. Were here as requested to update you on our findings."

The Alpha's gaze softened, but only slightly. "Very well. Speak."

Elena cleared her throat, recounting their findings.

When she finished, the room was silent until the Alpha spoke, his voice a deep rumble.

"This stays within our borders. The human police cannot be involved."

Elena hesitated but then nodded. "I understand the need for secrecy. But we'll need resources, backup."

The Alpha locked eyes with her, "You'll have our support. We protect our own."

Eric interjected, "Elena has put herself on the line for us. We can trust her."

The Alpha nodded. "Very well. Make the necessary preparations."

As they retreated, Eric leaned in, "Thanks for understanding. It's not easy for our kind to trust outsiders."

Elena sighed, "I get it. But remember, we're in this together."

He grinned, "That we are."

He looked at her eye's unblinking " my sisters having a get together at her place, come meet my friends."

Elena hesitated " I don't know".

He grabbed her hand " you'll like them."