New Beginnings I

When they showed up at the front door covered in blood with Luhan almost out of breaths, Chen couldn't be happier, at least, they were alive and all accounted for. The smile on Xiumin's face told him that their mission was a success.

Lay and Sehun hurried their way to the recovery room where they put Luhan on a bed and immediately started to take care of his wounds.

Kai and Kyungsoo took care of each other like they always did.

"How are you feeling?" Chanyeol asked it was Baekhyun's first fight "We don't get many of these nights do we?" Baekhyun asked making Chanyeol chuckle "No we don't, but when we do, well I guess you know"

Baekhyun looked around "I figured"

"You did well," Chanyeol said "You did great"

"Can we just shower and go to bed?" Baekhyun asked "I'm exhausted"

Chanyeol nodded taking his mate by the hand and walked to their room. The water was warm and relaxing taking their minds off what happened that night, the bruises were not that bad, nothing a few days of rest wouldn't heal. Suho clutched his chest knowing that he probably broke a few bones too but it didn't hurt, it didn't hurt as much as the idea of losing Sehun and Luhan was, those moments of doubt hurt even more than any wound would.

Even with Kris gone, Suho still had so many questions, where did he come from? who was he? and what did he want exactly? He probably won't know soon but the thought of maybe someone out there would miss him and come looking for him and trouble would start all over again ... but not tonight, tonight they took one threat away from the streets.

It was a sleepless night, Chen tossed and turned in Xiumin's embrace, Baekhyun and Chanyeol couldn't actually sleep, Kai and Kyungsoo silently just sat in the living room sipping on some well-earned wine, Suho, Lay and Sehun spent the night making sure Luhan was recovering.

It was already dawn, Suho and Lay were laying on the living room couch, Lay softly snuggled into Suho while Sehun wanted to be alone with Luhan.

Looking down at his mate, Luhan's face and body were covered in burns, his breaths too heavy every time he inhaled through the oxygen mask on his mouth and nose.

And then, he suddenly just fluttered his eyes open.

His breaths hitched even more looking around like he didn't know where he was until his eyes fell on Sehun and let his voice trying to calm him down sink in, Sehun was asking him to look at him.

"No" Luhan weakly said in between his breaths "No, no I'm supposed to be dead. Why did you save me, why did you ...?" tears already started falling down his cheeks making his own lungs burn. Sehun couldn't understand "I would never ... let you die, I'll die with you if I had to"

"No, you don't understand" Luhan was too hurt, he didn't expect to live "I don't deserve to live, I don't deserve ..."

"You deserve EVERYTHING, You deserve to be alive ... with ME"

The conversation was getting a little intense, Sehun was a bit disappointed and worried at the same time, he didn't know why Luhan would say that, he thought that he would be happy that all is over. Now Luhan can have a normal loving life but why is he wishing to be dead instead.

"I don't understand Luhan ... I-I ..." Sehun was speechless watching his mate crying so bad hoping he was dead instead. Luhan swolled down his tears, he tried to hold them back for a second "You're too good, you don't deserve someone like me ... not when you know what I did"

"W-what?" ... "It doesn't matter what you did it's in the past now, we can start all over again"

"NO, Sehun No, I - I ... know who killed your family"