New Beginnings II

When Luhan woke up, his head was spinning, and he knew that it was because of all the crying, the burns felt like nothing compared to how bruised his heart was. He didn't expect Sehun to be there, he couldn't blame him for not coming back to see him. To his surprise, he opened his eyes to find someone else near him, another scent was roaming around and Baekhyun was sitting at his bedside.

"Hey, it's good to see you awake, we thought we lost you there" Baekhyun was trying to be nice, his voice too warm. For some reason, Baekhyun sounded softer than usual today but Luhan didn't really care "Where's Sehun" he asked, his voice cracking and eyes barely open "He's downstairs with Lay and Suho. They needed to talk about ... a few things" and Luhan knew exactly what those few things were and he couldn't bear the guilt he was feeling so he bit his lip and looked away with tears already falling to his cheeks.

Baekhyun gently held his hand "It's not your fault. You couldn't possibly know"

"I didn't ... I just ... don't want to lose him"

"You won't lose him, he's not ready to let you go ... He" Baekhyun sighed before finishing his words "He wants to leave the pack and go find this vampire ... with you"

"W-what?" Luhan's expressions changed, he had no idea what Sehun was trying to do

"He said that he wants to leave and start his own journey, get his own pack ... with you, he's your Alpha, you can't deny that"

This was good news, right? but why Luhan was still crying "Stop crying you silly" Baekhyun scoffed using the back of his hand to wipe away Luhan's tears

Looking up, Chanyeol was standing at the door smiling at his mate who was busy calming Luhan. It wasn't easy for the young couple as well. They spent the night talking about what happened, for a moment, Baekhyun blamed himself for almost driving Sehun and Luhan to their deaths, it was rather intense, he didn't see it in his vision but he couldn't stop thinking about it so when they woke up first thing in the morning, they headed downstairs to check on Sehun and Luhan only to find Suho and Lay trying to talk some sense into Sehun who wanted to LEAVE? Baekhyun then left to see Luhan.

It was a long conversation, Sehun wanted to leave and take Luhan with him, find the vampire who massacred his family and start a new chapter with Luhan but it was just too sudden and definitely not so easy to do.

Suho and Lay were discussing his unexpected plan with Sehun. Chanyeol was listening but he didn't dare to say a thing, his leader was handling it. To be honest, Chanyeol was very proud of Sehun, what he did and what he was trying to do, he couldn't agree more with his decision.

"Don't go so hard on Luhan though" Lay gently asked

"I won't" Sehun's response came almost immediately "I just need a moment to myself that's all. I can't deny my feelings for him and this shouldn't stand in our way"

The house was in distress once again, Suho not so sure about letting Sehun go and but Sehun gave him really good reasons why he should and the leader was left with nothing much to say ... it was time to say goodbye to Sehun and let him and Luhan begin their own journey, maybe start their own pack, who knows maybe the family will grow even bigger.

"You know," Baekhyun said "You and I were bitten by the same person so we are technically brothers"

Luhan smiled remembering all his awful nights with that monster "Technically" he replied

"I'm sorry that you had to go through everything and I'm thankful that you wouldn't let it happen to me too"

"Hmm" Luhan hummed "Brothers remember?"

Sweet as it may sound, Baekhyun soon left Luhan's side when Sehun finally showed up at the door. Chanyeol was still standing there giving him room to go inside with a warm smile and Baekhyun took it as a sign to leave the two alone for a bit, the young couple had so much to talk about.