III

Things were even crazier on my birthday. A wedding was supposed to be happening, but I wasn't going to agree to anything. The ladies that were sent to get me ready for the wedding. I told them I need to have some alone time before I get married. They reluctantly released me. My plan was to go outside the wall for a bit of horse back riding with Chai, Carelna, and Din.

When I got to the stables, Chai, Carelna, and Din were waiting for me. I climbed onto Uli, my horse, and we rode off outside the wall.

"It feels like it's been forever." I said happily.

"I know. I miss this. I mean the four of us." Chai replied.

"Even though you two are out of our classes, doesn't mean We still aren't your teachers." Carelna laughed.

"Agreed." Din added with a grunt.

"It's been so busy at my place. The stupid wedding, my coming of age, and everything else. It's just so nice to be back outside." I said, "I've tried on so many dresses that it makes me want to never wear one again!"

Everyone stopped. Chai looked at me. "So y-you're still getting married to him?"

"Only if you don't marry me first." I said assertively.

"Let's get married then. We can skip the ceremony and all of that. I have a ring." Chai said as he pulled out a two rings and threw one at me. I almost fell off my horse trying to catch it. It was small and simple. It was made of a white gold and had a sapphire and a diamond on it.

"It's beautiful." I said placing the ring on my finger.

"Generally there is a ceremony to go with that, but I guess it really doesn't matter. I mean that's just words."

"Congratulations children." Carlena and Din said in unison.

Just then a loud boom came from over the mountains. There was a rumble, and a dust cloud was forming. Objects were beginning to appear.

"Deathbringers!" Carelna yelled. "Arimo, Chai! Get back!"

Carelna and Din did the same transformation technique that the blacksmith did. Where Carelna wore a tunic of ivory, she now wore a deep indigo one. She pulled out her weapon, which was a silver katana with an indigo handle. She had no armor. Din transformed into a dingy brown armor. He had a mace that matched the armor. Chai transformed into a warrior wearing steel gray armor. His axe appeared out of nowhere, but It wasn't an axe. It was a woman. She had light blue gray hair and wore a gray tunic.

"You called, Chai?" She said in a quiet voice.

"Yeah, You ready for a fight?" He asked. She quickly transformed. "I continued studying. Vitali showed me how to transform from wearing clothes to armor." He added.

Chandrakant, my sword, appeared out of nowhere carrying gold armor.

"Hello Arimo. You haven't used me in a while. I brought you armor as well. Maeve told me there was trouble." He said handing me my armor. I quickly put it on and grabbed Chandrakant out of the air as he transformed.

The people riding towards us were riding a strange lizard hybrid. It looked like a giant lizard, but it had bullhorns. It was a strong looking beast. Some were dark reds and greens others were pale blues and bright colors. The Claws of it were what probably helped it get across the mountain range.

The person leading the pack of Deathbringers was dressed in a black cloak and black clothes. From the way their leader was riding I could tell it was a girl.