VII

Three months went by and the search group for me hasn’t discovered my location. I was still alone in my shack. Living off of the land, and still covered in blood. I probably smelled like death warmed over, but I didn’t care.

        One day, a particularly rainy day. I heard a knock on my door.  I opened it and saw a man. He had on a cloak and was soaking wet. He took off his cloak revealing a tall, slightly muscular boy. He had short shaggy hair the color of fire. His fire red hair made his pale gray eyes stand out. He also had dark tan skin.

        “Could I come in?” He asked.

        “Yeah. It’s raining out there. I may have lost my-- nevermind.” I said. “Come in I mean.”

“Thanks. I was out looking for someone with a group and got separated.I’ve been looking for them for days, and then it started raining.” he said.

“Who were you looking for?” I asked.

“A princess.” He said

“Good luck finding one here.” I lied.

“Oh I almost forgot” he said setting down his rain soaked cloak. “My name is Landon Castrel. Member of the Scouting Corp of Brentwood Village.”

I dropped the cups of tea I had, causing the tea to spill out of their wooden cups. “B-Brentwood?” I sputtered.

“Yeah. I’m new, but they said this was my starting mission. I’m looking for an Arimo Lifebringer. D’you know her? She’s the princess.” Landon said as he helped me clean up the tea.

“Yes.”

“Do you know where she is?”

“Yes.” I said. “I am her.”

It was now Landon’s turn to drop everything. As he did so, he bowed.

“You don’t look the way I expected. I thought you would look, erm-

“More like a princess?”

“Yeah. Nice to meet you, Milady.”

“Just call me Arimo.” I said.

Landon and I continued to talk for hours. Eventually we forgot what time it was, and by the time we finished talking it was already nighttime. 

“Would you look at that. It’s night time already, and it stopped raining.” Landon said.

“This forest is dangerous at night. I’d advise not leaving til morning.” I said.

“I didn’t plan on leaving until morning though. You have to come with me though.” He said. “It’s my mission.”

“Course it is.” I snapped. “I only have one bed. You can take it.”

“No, you take it. I can sleep on the floor.”

“Take the bed.”

“No.”

“TAKE THE BED!” I yelled, causing Landon to jump.

“Fine, fine. I’ll take it.”

“Thank you. Guests get the bed.”

That night was a cold one. I lay, huddled, in the corner of my single room shack. Landon was sleeping quietly. I got up and walked quietly over to Landon. I crawled into my small bed. He stirred, but went back to sleep. He’s like a child. How old is he? I thought. I saw his journal laying at the foot of the bed. I carefully leaned over and grabbed it. I flipped to the first page: