XII

Apologies for not updating this in so long guys. I know not many people read this but those of you who enjoyed reading this, Thank you for your support and everything!!! Now onto writing this book!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Astrid and Arimo made their way to the military meeting. When they got there, they were greeted by other court and military officials.
"Well General, I've gathered the best smiths I could find. The armor project will be started tomorrow at dawn." I said sternly.
"Very good Lady princess." General Vernon replied, then turned to my father. "You raised a good daughter my king. She may very well be the next commander."
"She definitely takes after my father. He was one of the greatest military officers and kings that Brentwood has ever had." My father said proudly.
"Many thanks General. What are the plans of attack?" I asked.
Astrid butted in, "my spy's and just informed me that the Alcestis militia has nearly made it around the mountain and they've delayed them as much as they could. Be expecting an attack from the east."
"Wonderful." Vernon said. "The war will begin in only a weeks time."
"Only a week to get thousands of pieces of armor made?!" I exclaimed.
"Afraid so my dear. The enemy is moving faster than planned." My father said.
"I'll go and tell the smiths the news."
Once I had found all the blacksmiths I told them the news. They all had to start work immediately if this was going to be completed in time. The smiths ran to the forge to start work.
"I like their enthusiasm." Said a familiar voice from behind me. I turned and found my sister standing there, arms folded. She was dressed in a flowing tunic.
"What's the occasion sister?" I asked.
"I need a sparring partner. Care to join me?"
"I have to supervise the smiths."
"Have faith in them little sister, they came in a moments notice to work for you. Please spar with me."
"Fine." I sighed. I went with Bashemath to the practice grounds.
When we got there, we picked up some wooden swords and started to spar. I didn't realize how out of practice I was until I started to fight with my sister.
"Little rusty are we?" She chided.
"Well I've been in the wilderness for about a year, what can you expect."
"Though a true statement, you could have practiced on your own. Learned new technics,improved your stance, or even hunted for more than just rabbits."
This made me furious. "Who are you to tell me what I should have done in the time I was mourning!"
"Oh get over yourself! You could have come home! We could have helped you, but you were too selfish to stop for a moment and think!" Bashemath yelled. "What had Ugisu taught us when we were little, 'Think about what you're about to do' she always said that! Look where your stupidity has gotten you!"
Our sparring match was no longer a practice match. We were getting our angry out. 
"It's gotten you no where! You're nothing but a fool sister!"
I'd had enough. "Shut up! You don't know what I have gone through! You don't know what it's like to lose someone you love! Chai is dead! Ugisu is dead! You still have the ones you love!"
"What about our mother and father? What about Bumble, Astrid, Ursa? Most importantly what about me? I'm your sister, they are your family! Don't just assume that the people around you never loved you because we would lay our lives on the line just so you can live! Quit moping around feeling sorry for yourself! Not to mention you wouldn't know if I had lost anyone I loved! I loved Milee's father more than ever! He died when she was born," Bashemath said, then dropped the practice sword. "I loved him.but he's gone and I moved on because I had a daughter that I loved more than anything else in the world and someone needed to take care of her. She needed me.
"You have to grow up Arimo. You're not a child anymore!"
I processed what was just said to me. "That's why you wanted to spar with me wasn't it. To tell me how you really felt?" I asked coldly. Tears were forming in Bashemath's eyes. I hugged her.
"You've gone soft big sister." I said quietly with a little laugh.
"I know. Prince Zebulan drives me insane every night. I have to go and find other rooms to sleep in just so I can rest!" She laughed.
"You chose this route. But I have to go now. I think you made me change my mind about something." I said then released my sister from our hug.
"What?" She asked.
"You'll see!" I said then ran off. I have to talk to Landon!