Chapter 15: Just some lunatic!

I was already awake when I heard Yoongi's voice softly calling out my name

I was already awake when I heard Yoongi's voice softly calling out my name. I couldn't sleep all night. I only managed to doze off  for about half an hour. Yoongi on the other hand slept like a baby. The anxiety over facing reality was tearing me apart. I didn't want to open my eyes. I felt Yoongi's hand caress my cheek. He gave me a gentle flick to my upper cheek. His hand traveled to my long dark hair as his deep morning voice was echoing in my ears:
"I know you're awake. You just flinched when I touched your cheek. Can't hide the automatic reflexes of your body,princess!"

Of course the smart prick would do something like that.

I wasn't the type of person who builds a prison around  herself in order to avoid getting hurt again. I wasn't like Yoongi. He definitely built it with solid walls that seemed to have just a little window. In moments like this he would open the window just a little. And then I see it in his eyes that he's a little scared boy. I don't know what troubles him so much, but he's definitely a boy with a broken heart. And he is scared to let me in. I was now looking into his beautiful and alluring eyes. His gaze reminded me of a bird that's trapped in a cage and it's struggling to get out. To be free.

The memories of the night before are way too loud in my mind now. And those damn questions I so desperately wanted to ask him and at the same time to forget all about them and left them unanswered.
"It was a rough night for sure!" My tone was meant to be funny, but my voice cracked as I just wanted to rub out all what happened last night.

"I'm sorry baby! I behaved like a crazy person last night! I should've stayed sober. It was supposed to be about me and you! I tend to destroy all the good things around me..."

His apologies were sincere. I could feel it in his voice and in his eyes. He had the same expression as when he plays the piano:vulnerable and painful.
I picked my hand up slowly and touched his forehead. I did it very carefully as I was afraid that he might disintegrate in my fingers and disappear.  Sometimes I feel like he's just a hologram of my imagination. He's too good looking to be true.

He closed his eyes and relaxed under my touch as I said:
"That didn't stop you to sleep like a baby last night."
His solemn and serious expression turned into something more playful and even tragicomic:
"When you have a dirty soul and an even dirtier consciousness, something" like a fist fight it's just water under the bridge princess!"

He was surely telling the truth even though he was playing it cool. I wanted to ask more and to be disappointed with his answer. But he had that alluring aura again. He was too attractive when he was all dark and mysterious. And I blamed myself for falling into his dangerous traps.
Our moment was interrupted  by Namjoon knocking on the door. He asked politely if we wanted to eat because breakfast was ready.
In the main residence the guys and the girls were having breakfast in the dining room. They all seemed pretty happy and chatty. The first person I locked eyes with was Jessie who's apologetic smile made me somehow feel worse. I was searching for Adam in the room but he was nowhere to be seen.
Yoongi was complaining about his headache because of his hangover. I heard Hoseok telling him to hydrate and he'll survive. Jessie was waving at me to sit beside her. She gave me a warm hug while whispering to me:
"I'm really sorry for what happened last night. Adam can be very difficult. He and Yoongi have been into some sort of conflict since they started to be students at the university. I should have known better."
It felt like a lie to say that Yoongi was the saint in this conflict. I didn't know that they have some sort of competition with each other on who's the better pianist, but I did know that Yoongi has a lot of  students that aren't so fond of him.