Chapter 13: The perfect opportunity for a getaway

I was very happy to win second place. I secretly hoped that Yoongi would make an appearance just the moment the winners were announced.  My eyes raked over the crowd. Everyone was happy and chatting with someone. Some students,  Jessie and her group came to congratulate me. All of them seemed happier than me. I was so disappointed in myself. I definitely got carried away with Yoongi. Let my heart go wild and didn't listen to my brain. That's so not me. All the people's chatter crashed on me when I was trying hard to concentrate on what Jessie was trying to say . Why wasn't he here? He knew damn well that I needed him . I didn't even known him well when he was participating at the piano competition in Seoul, but still I gladly supported him when he asked me to do it. Now, even though he is my boyfriend, he's absent. I still found myself searching for him in the crowd until I heard Jessie asking a question regarding Yoongi.

"Sorry Jessie. Can you please ask that again ? I think all  my emotions make it impossible to concentrate." 
She leads in closer."I heard you and Yoongi are officially dating. Now that's a big deal! He's not here right?"

"No he...he couldn't make it. He's too busy! " My tone was starting to be defensive,like I was trying to assure myself first that that's the reason he couldn't make it to the photography contest.

"I saw him practicing this morning. Mrs. Kim was like a control freak.  I saw them in the practice room, in the music wing of the university. She sounded so demanding and unpleasant while talking to him."

I know she has high expectations when it comes to Yoongi. But as much as she wants to hold her favorite student to a high standard,  I'm sure she'll just make it worse. She just puts intense pressure on Yoongi. At least I don't have a doubt that it is her who's keeping him occupied,again. I remembered how irritated she was when I talked to Yoongi before he got on stage, that day when he participated in the piano concert in Seoul. She made it sound like I'm not worth Yoongi's time and I'm a poor distraction from something of greater value, like playing the piano. I don't want to interfere with his career. I definitely don't wanna prevent him from doing his best ,especially when a competition that's so important for him it's going to take place soon. I'll be gone in a short time anyway. But again that's not an excuse to completely ignore your girlfriend. He could at least text and let me know that he's practicing.

Jimin joined us too and I could see the pain in Lucas' eyes. Sarah was over the moon ,giggling like a little girl all while holding hands and hugging with Jimin. I congratulated them on being such a sweet couple. I was truly happy for Sarah. She seems to really like Jimin.

"Yoongi's still practicing Y/N. Such a pity he couldn't make it to the competition. Congrats on the win though!" Jimin gave me a warm hug and a reassuring smile. He could probably read the disappointment in my face as I answered:
"Yeah! Such a pity he couldn't...Anyway,thanks Jimin!"

Jessi and her friends invited us to eat dinner at a restaurant close to our university.
I was thankful for that cause I was so hungry and for an hour I've successfully stopped myself from thinking about Yoongi. As the night went on, I struggled to conceal my fears in front of my friends.
I could barely hide my emotions as it was starting to get late and I still haven't got any messages or calls from Yoongi. Just when I was about to give up my pride and call him to see if everything's alright , my phone buzzed in my hands. The screen on the phone was telling me that I got a text from Yoongi. I simply had to force myself to calm down cause my fingers were shaking.

"Hey baby! I'm sorry I couldn't make it today! I had to practice and it was something unplanned. We are very short on time and I really need to practice hard. I know you understand. You always do! How was the competition? If you're awake you can call me so we can talk!"