Why not choose healing over a hardened heart?

I really need to stop staring at my phone

I really need to stop staring at my phone. I haven't talked to anyone about the strange message I received, two days ago. At first I wanted to believe that it was a mistake. But the sender of the messenger clearly knows me . And the person who sent the threat knows about me and Yoongi. It really could be anyone at the university. Everyone knows about me and him. At first I really thought that Yoongi would want to keep our relationship more private from the public eye, but he really made it clear that he wants to date me exclusively. He introduced me to all his closest friends. I can say that I am a part of their group now. It was publicly known here on campus that me and Yoongi are together. I also know that he has a lot of enemies. And even maybe angry ex girlfriends.

My eyes keep reading the words of the message. It's kind of easy to figure out that my focus it's held by the  threatening tone of the message's sender. And I can sense that the one who wrote the message is someone who has some knowledge or access to confidential information that can harm me. It's meant to warn me about Yoongi. "You're about to find out soon that the people you'd take a bullet for are the ones behind the trigger."

I read these words again and again. It's definitely about Yoongi. And I guess it's supposed to warn me about him betraying me somehow. Funny how this message comes exactly when I have so many doubts about him. It may be a jealous ex-girlfriend. Rumor has it that he's quite a jerk when it comes to dating and commitment in relationships. So he left his ex girlfriends without any clear reason or explanation. So maybe it's just someone who tries to mess up with me just to make him angry .

"Hey, Y/N! You have some time to talk?"  I jump and in a matter of seconds I lock my phone and put it into my pocket. Lucas  is standing in front of me. I was in the hallway waiting for Sarah to come. She was meeting Jimin before the classes.

"Why the sad face Lucas?" Something happened?"
His face was a mix of anger and deep sadness. His blue eyes are icey and his jaw is clenched.

" I tried to talk with Sarah. You know,about my hidden feelings for her. Feelings that are not so hidden now..."
I was glaring at Lucas. His expression says anxiety, sadness and even regret. I didn't need the answer to this question to know that things didn't work out that well:
"And how did she react?"

Lucas' breathing is so loud in the air. I know that Lucas doesn't stand the tension and stress . This must be really difficult for him. I'm actually really impressed that he finally had the guts to admit his feelings for Sarah.

"I already knew that I'll be rejected. I mean how can I compete with that idiot Ken doll of her boyfriend? But I definitely didn't expect her to be so angry. She told me that I've ruined everything and started to scream how I can be so selfish and not think about our friendship. I messed it up Y/N..."

His voice it's rough,,but under the anger I can sense notes of sadness and something else I can't identify. I guess some part of him really wants to get over her. It hurts his pride,I can see it.