Chapter 3: Target Identified

As we walked out of the bathroom, Lu suddenly asked a random question, though, not so random if you think about it. "So, that boy, pretty cute, right?" She said with a sly grin.

"Lu, no." I responded.

"Ugh. You've never been interested in boys." Lu said with a frown.

"There's no reason to be. They're gross and clueless." I arrogantly stated.

"Can you just try, for once." Lu pleaded.

"Fine." I surrendered. I thought about the boy who bumped into me at lunch. He looked like the boy who was sitting in my seat on the bus.

"So, got anything—other than boys being 'gross and clueless'?'" Lu asked.

"Actually, yes." I said, deep in thought. This shocked Lu.

"WHAT? FOR REAL?!?!" She said loudly, attracting some attention.

"Be quiet! And yes, for real. That boy who bumped into me? Yeah, he was sitting in my spot on the bus." I whispered.

"Really?! Then it must be fate." She confirmed.

"Whatever. We better get to math. You know how annoyed Mr. Andrew gets when we're late." I said, again not paying attention to where I was going.

"WATCH OUT!" were the last words I heard from my BCFF before crashing into someone. As we collided, I tripped and fell. Before Lu could help me up, the person I crashed into did.

They pulled me up and apologized and asked, "Hey aren't you the girl from the bus?"

That's when I turned and got a good look at them. It was the boy who was in my bus seat, crashed into me at lunch, and was the main topic of Lu's teasing.

"We meet again, I see. Thanks for the bus and sorry for lunch!" He said, waving once as he started walking away.

"Gosh, girl. You have got to watch where you're going. But at least you got to meet the Mystery Boy again, right?" she said with another stupid grin.

"Mystery Boy?" I inquire.

"Yeah, 'cuz you don't know his name. It's a pretty good nickname, huh?" she says, still grinning like a fool.

"I guess so. Let's get to math class now. We need to find our new seats anyway." I said, this time carefully watching where I was going.

"'Kay, I'm right behind you." my blonde-haired bestie replied.

The Mystery Boy, huh? The Mystery Boy of Mustang Middle. Looks like this year is gonna be pretty interesting.