𝑰𝑰𝑰. ☁️

Oriana and Godbrand shared a kiss before she told her husband-

"when I heard about the angel, 8 had to come see. what's your name?"

Xavier was reluctant to say something, so he didn't. this earned him rough treatment. Godbrand aggressively grabbed a fistful of Xavier's blonde hair, pulling painfully.

"answer the princess when she speaks to you, you shit," Godbrand growled through his sharp teeth.

"no, Godbrand! let him go, he's terrified."

Godbrand did as Oriana asked and stepped back. he trusted in her that she knew what she was doing. she was smart as a whip. and her bright, calming aura has an effect on anyone.

Xavier wiped the tears that had accumulated in his eyes from the pressure applied to his scalp. he rubbed his disheveled hair and nervously tugged on the edge of his white toga.

"... I am... the angel Xavier."

Oriana flipped one of her braids behind her shoulder and smiled. "hi, Xavier. my name is Oriana Paulina. I am the daughter of Beelze, the supreme overlord of the underworld. the hot-tempered demon there is my husband, Godbrand. all you need to know is that he's a high-ranking official - a magistrate of the Antonello Province. that's why he's so up in arms about you 'peddling' the drugs. your trial's coming up soon; have you met with your lawyer...?"

Xavier was already beginning to feel much better in the presence of Lady Oriana. she was the nicest demon he'd met since he'd been in the underworld.

"I have an idea for one. my superior, Latissimus. he's... quite good at debating."

Xavier could see Godbrand shift his position in his peripheral. he seemed to move closer to Oriana.

"have you called him yet?"

"yes... my lady."

Oriana nodded. "good. I hope your trial goes well. Godbrand, may I speak to you outside in private?"

"Oriana, what is this about?"

"Godbrand, I have a theory... I don't think xavier intentionally brought those drugs here."

Godbrand raised an eyebrow, obviously unamused by Oriana's "theory."

"you know I can read people, baby. that angel's eyes... they were sincere and fearful. the color of them were the purest blue I've ever seen. I'm about 98% sure that his intentions were to just deliver a package, not to spread more drug users throughout your province."

"... you're sure?"

"I am."

"hm..." Godbrand moved his finger to his chin in a thinking motion. "I'm skeptical of him and his intentions, but... I trust you. fine. I'll humor you, my love."

Oriana smiled and closed the distance between them. they joined hands.

"thank you, baby. look, on the day of the trial, I'm gonna try to convince the jury to give him a not guilty verdict. they love to use outside testimony, so I think I can make something good happen."

"yes I understand."

they walked back into the cell, Xavier peering at them from the bed.

how could such gentle beauty be engaged to that monster of a demon? Xavier thought. she must see something in him that the rest of us don't.

"Xavier, please be well until the day of the trial," said Oriana. Xavier lightly blushed because of her astronomical beauty. part of him felt guilty for being attracted to a demon, but Oriana clearly wasn't typical despite the fact that she was the daughter of the overlord, God's direct opposite.

Oriana Paulina left promptly, Xavier and Godbrand stuck together again. Xavier couldn't bring himself to look the scary demon in the eye... or many eyes. because he had two more than he was comfortable with. Godbrand forced Xavier look at him, holding his chin up. Xavier grabbed godbrand's forearm in shock.

"I'm onto you, angel. she has convinced me that you meant no harm..." Godbrand's eyes glowed menacingly. "but just know, if that jury finds you guilty of smuggling, I will castrate you, you filthy white-winged lech."

Xavier trembled once again, finding himself face-to-face with one of the scariest beings he'd ever seen in his life. Godbrand released his face, slightly tossing him backwards and left the cell without another word.

Xavier prayed that Latissimus could clear everything up for him in court.