𝑽. ☁️

Xavier, Oriana, and Godbrand walked out of the courthouse. Xavier sighed with relief, stretching because he had to sit down for so long. he was released on bond.

"My Lady, Sir Godbrand's... I can't thank you enough for what you've done," said Xavier genuinely.

"of course, Xavier. Godbrand and I will let you know exactly where you'll be enacting your community service." Oriana gave him a friendly smile while Godbrand only gave him a blank look. it wasn't friendly like Oriana's, but at least it wasn't scary and angry like it was back in the holding cell.

"of course, dear. I know for a fact that you didn't do this knowingly," said Oriana.

"by the way, where's that 'lawyer' of yours?" asked Godbrand. "I'm surprised he didn't walk out with you."

Xavier absentmindedly rubbed the back of his head. "hm? oh, you mean Latissimus? I don't know, actually."

"wasn't he your superior in heaven?" Oriana asked this time.

Xavier nodded. "he was. I won't be going back for a while."

Latissimus exited the courthouse, bounding down the stairs with an air of importance. all three of them watched him; he didn't say a word. while he passed so closely to Godbrand, his long hair grazed the magistrate's shoulder. Godbrand's eyes widened and he turned to continue watching Latissimus's back.

that angel... he's sinister. more than anything or anyone I've ever felt before. and that kid Xavier is none the wiser, he thought. Oriana noticed how tense her husband had suddenly gotten.

Xavier tried to speak to Latissimus. "Latis...! I-"

"I'll miss you in heaven, dear Xavier. please be well while you serve your sentence. we'll all be waiting for you!" Latissimus smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. another small thing that Godbrand picked up on; something like that was impossible to detect for the untrained eye like Xavier had.

Xavier lightly blushed and returned an actually genuine smile. "oh, yeah! I can't wait to come back home...! see you later."

Oriana nudged Godbrand. "baby, what is it...? did you notice something about that other angel?"

Godbrand nodded. "I got a bad feeling about that him. he's dangerous, and we should probably be on the lookout. my guess is that he's going to keep visiting Xavier. we'd be able to keep an eye on him then."

"hm. you really detect something dangerous about Latissimus?"

"I do. not just dangerous, but possibly evil. his... aura was dark, not like an angel's should ever be."

Oriana peered at Xavier. should they share this information with him...? or not? he seemed to admire the long-haired angel, so would he even believe them in the first place?

"well, we'll see in time," said Oriana. "now, I have an idea on where Xavier could serve his community service. and I think it'll benefit both of us...!"

-

"my community service is... to be a maid in your house...?" Xavier was in utter disbelief.

"oh, I'm sorry, would you have rather done hard prison time...?" said Godbrand. Oriana poked him in the side with her elbow.

"no! no, I don't. I'll... be a maid."

"well, you don't have to think of it that way, Xavier. you could simply just be 'the help!'" said the princess.

"... I don't think that made him feel any better, my love. just go in, and we'll show you around."

Xavier was guided through every room in the huge home, fit for a big-time magistrate such as Sir Godbrand. though initially surprised at what the couple had him to do, he knows it really isn't that bad. Godbrand was right; he could definitely be locked in a concrete cell, doing hard, back-breaking labor instead of dusting the shelves and making the beds.

"oh! I realized something," said Oriana. Xavier had no belongings.

"we'll have to go shopping," she continued. "I love going to the shops in Godbrand's province. it's actually where we first got acquainted."

Godbrand smiled fondly. he knew that his wife was a shopaholic, and in another universe, if she wasn't, they never would've been able to connect with each other. Xavier suddenly felt awkward being between the couple.

"um okay. I guess I'll go... settle in now."

"meet me back here later, Xavier," said Oriana. "we'll go on our shopping trip then."

"yes, My Lady."