𝑿𝑰𝑽. ☁️

Latissimus enjoyed his time in the Underworld, being the center of his own operation and making a good amount of cash from it as well. he'd built an entire second life simply by successfully establishing himself as an authority in the underground of the Underworld. it was effective at fixing his boredom for a while, especially since he had access to many beautiful demons to play with.

he'd seen Xavier living a relatively comfortable life with the Antonello magistrate and his wife. Latissimus also saw how annoyed the public seemed to be with the fact that Xavier, an angel, got off with a slap on the wrist for a major crime while demons rotted in prisons for misdemeanors. so naturally, he spotted something that could shake up the mundane air just a little bit now that things have calmed down.

Latissimus offered encouragement to a subordinate of his - a demon named Evis with no roots anywhere and who has no connections to anyone special. he'd be the perfect guinea pig.

the task Latissimus had given Evis was a simple one: just rile up a big enough group of disgruntled demons and cause some havoc. desperate for approval, Evis agreed without hesitation and immediately got to work.

-

Godbrand and Oriana looked out of the window of Godbrand's office. Xavier looked from a bedroom, and could feel himself growing anxious by the minute. the couple was taken aback by the crowd of angry demons that had gathered in front of their home.

"what the hell?" mumbled Godbrand.

"w-what's going on...?" Xavier asked, his voice shaking.

Oriana went over to him and hugged him. this succeeded in calming him down somewhat. Godbrand left the room and told his guards to do their best in controlling the crowd. they obeyed instantly, no questions asked.

"I'm going out with them and assess what's going on. Oriana, Xavier, you two stay here just in case it gets ... violent."

Oriana looked at her husband sadly and nodded, stroking Xavier's hair. Xavier huddled even closer to his mistress.

"people of Antonello," began Godbrand, projecting his voice like the master orator he was. "what is the meaning of this protest?"

one demon flew in the sky above the crowd, drawing Godbrand's attention.

"the angel! we don't think he received an appropriate punishment!"

"yes," said another demon, "I hope this isn't too out of line, Sir Godbrand, but he violated one of the most important laws we have in this province, and we don't believe he got taught a proper lesson!"

many demons hollered in agreement as Godbrand narrowed his eyes at the crowd. he couldn't believe the breach in authority that was happening right before him.

"the angel has received well enough punishment for his transgression. there is no need for this; return to your homes immediately."

the demons weren't satisfied with this answer and began to uproar once more. just then, Godbrand heard a scream come from the upper floors of his home. then, a window had been broken.

"Godbrand, they got Xavier!" yelled Oriana.

Godbrand looked in the sky and, in the distance. Xavier had been hauled away by demon with mighty wings to somewhere... somewhere he, Oriana, or anyone had no idea about. Godbrand growled as his four eyes glowed bright red and was fully prepared to punch something.

Oriana came running down to where he was outside and he caught her shoulders.

"Oriana, who took him?"

"a demon with four horns ... if I had to hazard a guess, he looked a lot like that Lykos Phoibos from court."

"what happened? how come Xavier didn't fly with his wings?"

"they knocked him out, Godbrand! he grabbed Xavier too fast for me to react and in one second, he was through the window."

the guards successfully dispersed the crowd, and Godbrand marched up to the law enforcement that had begun to gather. they bowed to him and saluted.

"Sir Godbrand! we have all our units dispatched, searching for the angel and the demon that took him."

"excellent," replied Godbrand. "I'll inform my private investigator to look for him as well."

when all the excitement had died down, the two demons were in their house, and a melancholy air had filled the place as the ray of sunshine known as Xavier was gone. Oriana bawled and sobbed into Godbrand's chest like a baby; she already missed her little angel boy so much. she didn't want to think about him being locked up and scared and alone in some strange place.

"I know Latissimus has something to do with this," he said quietly, rubbing his wife's back. "we'll get him back, Baby. I've asked your father to join in on the search. with him and his men on it too, in addition to Petra and the Antonello units that were dispatched, we should find him soon."

she nodded and dried her eyes. they shared a short kiss. Oriana cupped Godbrand's face between her palms.

"when you catch Latissimus, promise me I'll get to to pluck every single f*cking feather from his wings and don't stop me when he's begging for mercy," she said.

"I promise."