Chapter 13

Rishi

The audience cheered as we made our way into the field, today me and Jai were playing in opposite teams based on different sports house. Today was Aravalli vs Nilgiri, tomorrow was Vindhya vs Himalayas. Post this the best two will compete against each other and finally, the best player from each team will be taken to go ahead with inter university sports event

I am confident of being in , so is Jai.  The only problem is idiot Kunal, its Jai's luck that he and Kunal are in same team and they have to collaborate. We waved at our home audience before standing opposite to the competing team. I smiled at Jai wishing each other luck and with he whistle the game started. Both teams were good and we were planning to give our best. Our strategy was to not allow the opposite team to get hold of the ball. The first 30 mins went off without a goal and with the whistle we moved out for a break.

''I LOVE YOU RISHI'' A girl screamed from the crowd and I threw her a flying kiss. She caught and acted as if fainting. I shook my head and then found myself standing opposite to my coach. He looked murderous. ''win this game and all others before trying to be a hero.''

I nodded going back into the field.  This match cannot get into a tie breaker and I decided to attack. We passed the ball among ourselves moving towards he goal post of opposite team. I took a long shot, thought it was a risk, the ball landed straight into the goal  and we celebrated. Kunal looked miffed and tried to push me more than once, I have had enough and pretended walking backwards knowing he was behind me as my team mate had gestured. I elbowed him hard and he fell on his back crouching in pain. I pretended worried but instead warned him, ''Stay away Or you lose an arm'' He kept screaming I did intentionally but I had more supporters than him, even in his team. 

 Our captain reminded we had 15 mins for the match to end and now our strategy should be prevent any goal on our post as opposite team would try best to drag the match to a tie breaker. He was right, they turned aggressive specially my dear Jai. He outshined all in his team with his aggressive game and we had to be alert . The match ended with wining and our supports celebrated . I was so excited that I pulled my shirt off throwing it in the air. We were still cheering moving to the dressing room, when a girl appeared from no where kissing me deep. She squealed like a baby running back to stands, all I did was smile. She had her one min of fun and I was fine with it. As we walked out of the field , I shook hands with Pooja who had made her way towards the lobby. ''Proud of you.''

''Thanks!'' I smiled and then my eyes met that of Sanajna. She was glaring at me as if I committed a big crime. I decided to ignore, she had no right to be mad. Waving once at Pooja, I moved back to the boys room to freshen up and change. I knew one thing, I was in the list of University League so was Jai. There was no match for him in his team and I was glad that we would play as one.

***

Coach ended the meeting asking us to practice in the break day. I made my way  towards my block when I heard Pooja calling me, ''Hey''

''You were awesome.'' She said like a fan girl.

''Thank You!''

''And someone was jealous.''

''I don't care.''

''Really! Tell that to yourself.'' She teased. ''Rishi, I don't blame her, the prejudice is being fed to her all her life.''

''Pooja, can we speak of something else.'' She huffed, ''Okay!'' We shared a cup of coffee before parting for the day. Tomorrow, I would hand her, her very first earning and I want to capture that emotion.

''New year and a new girl. You can never change.'' Ruby's icy voice destroyed my peace. I wanted to snap but I won't give her that pleasure. Ignoring her, I kept walking and as expected, she caught up with me. ''How many more are you going to ruin Rishi after me.''