Chapter 14

Rishi

I kept staring at Jai as he described his elaborate scheme against  Ruby, I just stared at him in shock. My goofy friend can really be mean at times. ''Rishi, Sanjana does have feelings for you. The way she thrashed Ruby, well it said it all.''

''How does that help? She refuses to acknowledge the same. Now, even I am not concerned. I have enough attention to please my ego.''

Jai laughed. ''Yes you do. I have been noticing girls ready to drop clothes for you. Some even approached me with attractive schemes of helping me in getting you and in-turn I get some amazing benefits.'' He said and cringed. Jai wasn't the Casanova types, he flirts but decently and keeps his distance. His family has faced the burned of an angry female and he believes women when angry can be the most lethal enemy.

''What about Ruby? Do you think she will take this lying low?''

''No, but I will let Sanjana handle her.'' Jai replied with a smile. I just shook my head in response, but my mind kept going back to Sanjana. Even it what Jai said is true, will she fight for us? Will she stand up against the belief of her family? I seriously doubt that. What I heard from Pooja, She was quick to call out her brother wrong for choosing his own life partner. Sanjana is all good but she fails to understand the good for others. She needs to understand that what might be wrong in her eyes can be right for others.

I shook my head. I will not push her but I will not sulk anymore either. I will have fun the way I want to. ''Ready for party tomorrow?'' Jai asked

I nodded, we wining the sports tournament will add to the celebration of welcoming new batch this year. Usually, different departments have separate welcome parties but this year, we have a combined one. If things were normal, I would have asked Sanajna to be my date, but I don't want to come out desperate.

***

''Fine Mom, I will let Pooja know.'' I smiled staring at screen. Pooja will be so happy knowing that mom was ready to offer her a 3 year contract . When I told mom about Pooja, she decided to help her in a way that it didn't look like a help. Mom feels her pain as she as well suffered the pain of being disowned by her own.

Putting on a t-shirt , I made my way to the canteen near block H. Pooja said she would meet me there. 

''Hi Rishi!'' Pooja greeted me with a hug. I smiled down at her. We have become closets of buddies and share everything with each other. I ordered 2 cold coffees and informed the waiter that Pooja was paying the bill. She just blinked and agreed. We sat there chatting about random things as I got my camera ready for her reaction when I would break the news to her, but I felt being watched. I looked around but found no one. ''Okay, I have a news. Mom, is offering you a three year contract. You can shoot during your breaks and plan with her team based on your course. Once , you graduate, she will renew it based on your interest. She stared at me with her eyes wide and then gave me a knowing smile. ''Thank you Rishi, for making me feel important. '' Those lines said all that she couldn't add. I squeezed her hand, I didn't wanted to counter her. I felt being watched again. I looked around and found my eyes locked with that of Sanjana. She sat at a corner table, hidden behind the crowd . I matched her stare , waiting for her to lower hers but his time she refused. I am not sure what those eyes spoke, but I saw a rebel rising in them. Finally, I decided to look away. Pooja sipped her coffee, trying to hide her big grin behind the cup.

''Shut up!'' And she scoffed her coffee splattering it all over he table and some on me. ''Pooja!''

''Sorry, but she did beat you down in that stare game.'' I narrowed my eyes at her. Got up, moved around and gave Pooja a peck on her cheek before walking away. She stayed frozen at her table and many eyes were glaring at her. Later, I received a bunch of angry text from Pooja warning me about not dragging her between me and Sanjana.