ten

windermere, UK

Due to Dani forgetting to close the blinds last night, the room was bright when Taylor opened her eyes. There was a moment of confusion as she struggled to remember how she got in bed, her last memory being falling asleep on the sofa as some horror movie played on the tv.

Yawning slightly, she tried to turn onto her other side but was met with resistance. Looking down at her waist she saw a pair of arms wrapped around her, causing a small smile to break out on her face.

After a few minutes of laying there, just enjoying the embrace, Taylor finally made an attempt to wriggle out of the other girl's arms without waking her.

This happened every time they shared a bed. They always ended up cuddling and the first person to wake up would sneak off and pretend it didn't happen. Neither of them knew the other did the exact same thing.

Once she was out of the bedroom, she immediately beelined for the kitchen to make a pot of coffee. However when she got there, she realised she'd made a huge misjudgment and had forgotten she was in England where apparently everybody just drinks tea.

As much as tea was a nice drink, all she wanted was a nice cup of coffee to wake herself up. Checking the time and noticing it was half past 9, she figured it was an appropriate time to go wake up Dani and beg her to go buy a coffee with her.

Afraid that she had been overstepping too much recently, Taylor refrained from climbing on top of the other girl and bothering her until she got up, instead she grabbed her pillow and threw it at the still slumbering girl who in response groaned and blindly threw it back.

she missed by a good few feet.

"go away" she mumbled into her pillow

"come on its almost 10, you'd kill me for sleeping in this long on a holiday" Taylor whined as she picked the pillow up off the floor

"yeah and you'd be mad at me" she mumbled as she twisted her head around to look at Taylor who was stood in the door way with the pillow cuddled to her chest, Dani thought she looked like a small child coming to tell her parents she threw up in the middle of the night.

"pleaseeee" she whined "theres no coffee"

"huh?"

"you heard me"

"T theres a basket of shit next to the kettle" She groaned as she shoved her face back into her pillow

"yeah and its all full of tea because we're in stupid old England who doesn't seem to have discovered coffee yet"

"Tay people in England drink more than just tea y'know"

"clearly this airbnb owner doesn't agree"

Groaning, Dani finally sat up in the bed and glared at the blonde "and what do you want me to do about it? go forage for some coffee beans?"

Taylor chuckled "if you're offering, no i just wanted to go to some cute little cafe or something"

"why do you need coffee so desperately?"

"to wake myself up"

"go jump in the lake or something, its the equivalent of an ice bath this time of year" she complained as she got out of bed, even though everything she was saying sounded like a no, she getting up to get ready anyway.