Workers - Chapter 6

Narrator POV

Uzi Doorman, the daugher of the famous creator of the doors to prevent murder drones to get in the bunker, walked through the snow. Nobody believed she would be able to built a weapon herself. Nobody believed in her anyway, so she wanted to proof herself. She had no real destination so she headed to the remains of a skyline. The closer she got, the bigger the mounds of dead drones became. Even if she didn't care that much normally, being alone in the night, in an environment that could be from a horror movie, was a bit creepy though. As she came to the middle of the skyscrapers she could see a huge spire built out of corpses. It had an opening so she wondered what was inside. Besides some bodies of worker drones there was a landing pod in the middle of it. Maybe this was the base of the drones.
Suddenly, Uzi heard a noise behind her. As she turned around, she barely could see a disassembly drone landing on the pod. She tried to hide from it, but it was too late. The drone has already seen her. Uzi paniced and wanted to charge her rifle but she was thrown away from the attacker. She could recover but her rifle landed a few meters away.

Uzi: "And they said pirating all that anime was useless..."

The murder drone stabbed Uzis hand with it's tail as she wanted to block it. The nanites slowly burned a hole in her hand. She had no time to think about this as the murder drone changed it's hand into a rocket launcher. She jumped over to her weapon.

Uzi: "Bite me!"

A bright green light could be seen as Uzi pulled the trigger. The laser weapon seemed to work, it blasted away the head from the murder drone.

Uzi POV

I couldn't believe it. I really did it! My weapon really worked!

Uzi: "Holy hell! Suck on that, Dad!"

But my joy was only short-lived, suddenly the lost head of the murder drone was replaced by a black liquid, forming a new head. This was really shocking, how am I supposed to take such a thing out?! I had no other idea, so I picked up an arm close to me and strucked the new head with it. But it didn't seem to work, the visor still displayed a big red 'ERROR'. Then it got replaced with eyes.

MD: "Did you just slap me with that arm?"

Uzi: "Holy crap, it talks."

MD: "Yeah.. Sorry, it's just my...uhm...head kind of hurts. Hey, are you new to our squad? You're a little, uhh...short, for a Disassembly Drone."

One of it's five sensors still was red, which must meant he couldn't really see me, which was good.

MD: "I'm Serial Designation N, nice to meet you. I'm kind of the leader of the squad in this city. That's not true, everyone tells me I'm useless and terrible. Wait, I'm not supposed to tell you that part! Biscuits! *Sighs Well, honesty is the best policy. *Laughs I also can't seem to remember the past 3 hours of my life, but I'm sure that'll sort itself out."

Now that the danger seemed to be averted, I was about to run away.

Uzi: "I...uh...have to...go..."

I winced as I felt a sharp pain in my hand.

N: "Stuck yourself? Just pop it in your mouth. Our saliva neutralizes the nanites, otherwise I'd be constantly disassembling myself. *Laughs"

Uzi: "And by our saliva, you mean..."

Both: "Disassembly Drone?"

Uzi: "Riiiiight...Hey, let's go in that landing pod over there!"

I pointed on the landing pod.