Chapter 6

"She's nearby." Natasha's mood quickly changes; her senses are getting more alert by the time she smells the burning coffee and the smell of a dying flower. The scents she once loved to smell of coffee and blooming flowers are now replaced with a fragrance she doesn't want to smell anymore.

"What?" Wanda asked when the two looked at Natasha confused, but they didn't get the chance to ask further when Natasha quickly stood up and let her body guide her way to find you.

"AAAAHHHH, just a little more......." The excruciating scream of pain keeps echoing in Natasha's head with Y/N's voice asking for help

It made Natasha sick to her stomach that she wanted to vomit but was persistent about finding her mate.

"Just hold on, I'm coming," Natasha whispers to herself, looking left and right to have a quick analysis of where she should go while her feet keep running like they have their own minds.

The three don't ask any questions or break Natasha's focus; they just follow her, while Wanda makes sure to keep a bright light for the four of them.

The smell is getting stronger and stronger; it's overwhelming Natasha, which makes her slightly dizzy, along with the pressure of releasing her pheromones in order to send a message to her mate that she's nearby, and Natasha hopes to at least ease some of the pain her mate is suffering.

It's not only Natasha who could smell the burned coffee and the dying flower, but also the three Avengers too. With them getting near you, the smell is getting more sensible, not only for the mate but also for others nearby.

Which makes Yelena wince when the smell reaches her nostrils. It also makes her worried, as did the other two. This encourages them and makes them have high hopes that they will finally be able to find you and wish to save you too.

But suddenly Natasha stopped in her tracks, shocked that she even had to double check the new addition smell filling her nostrils, where it made her anxious and more worried, and it made her more sick in her stomach.

The smell of a distinct metallic tang—a rusty metal smell that lingers in the air—made her eyes darker.

The three got goosebumps from what they were sensing and seeing in Natasha; they had never seen her like this before. Sure, the stubborn redhead Russian can be cold as ice and burning hot as lava, but never once did they see the ranging anger and protectiveness through what's hers.

Even one of the heads of Alpha, Steve, couldn't muster the courage to approach the raging head of Alpha in front of them.

But then the leaves start to move and make noises, like someone is running away, and this draws the attention of the 4 Alpha, who quickly stand their guard up and see a shadow of the back of a person running away.

Natasha is ready to follow the person, but Steve stops her and decides for her to focus on why they went out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night.

"Natasha, Wanda, go follow the scent; me and Yelena will follow them." Natasha wants to argue, but Wanda agrees first.

"Then take these with you." Wanda created a ball of red light and passed it to Steve, who nodded, and the two quickly ran off to follow the person.

"Leave them to Steve and Yelena; our goal is to find Y/N as soon as possible." Wanda made Natasha snap out of her daze in Steve and Yelena's direction.

"I want to crash them and take out every piece of them, apart!" Natasha growled, still looking at the path the Two Avengers took.

"We will know soon what that is about, but for now we need to go; your mate needs us." With the mention of Mate, Natasha quickly whipped her head in the direction of the scent, and they took off.

"I don't feel too good about this, Nat," Wanda whispered, standing in front of the cabin without lights on and the smell of another scent, another alpha, still lingering in the air.

Natasha growls when the smell reaches her nostrils. She doesn't love the idea of another Alpha being around her mate, and she definitely doesn't have a good feeling about this either.

"Come on, let's search the.....house." Before Wanda could finish her sentence, Natasha had already taken off running in the front door, so Wanda just followed her.

Once they enter the dark house, they quickly smell the fishy, metallic smell of blood that overwhelms both of them.

"All look down here; you go upstairs," Wanda said, opening the light of the living room.

It's never a secret what the house will look like. The living room is decorated with plants and flowers, especially in the windows. There's a fireplace, and in front of it is a soft couch, and there's a bean bag on the sides too. There's a lamp and coffee table, a fluffy carpet, and a book shelf besides the fireplace. There's a flat-screen TV at the top of the fireplace. The house looks cozy. There's no problem with that; the house is not big but big enough for two people.

Ok," Natasha quickly took the stairs and looked at the first door, which is an empty bedroom, so she proceeded to the second and last door where the smell came from, but before she could open the door, she felt the bond had been broken, which made her chest clench at the new sensation, but she put it aside and opened the door.

Blood, blood is splattered around the room; it's like a murder scene. Her heart is ripping apart at the sight, adding to Natasha's pain over the bonds that are now broken.

But Natasha didn't care about the pain settling in her chest but quickly ran into the nest where Y/N were, covered in blood, unconscious, and barely having a pulse.

"Natasha?" Wanda quickly came into the room, hearing the visibly audible cries of a puppy.

The pup Y/N gave birth a few minutes ago, and all her energy went out by giving birth, making her bleed and bleed and keep bleeding.

"Oh my god"