𝟏𝟒 - "𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟."

_______________________________

_______________________________XIV

XIV.
\\ DEBTS AND DUELS //
_______________________________

ON THE way to the Going Merry, Nami filled Ren in on everything that had happened. She told Ren that they'd been sitting in the bar when this Warlord of the Seas had approached them, looking for Luffy. At this point, they were pretty sure that Luffy's grandfather had sent the Warlord to capture and bring Luffy in. She told her that moment Zoro saw the Warlord, he recognized him to be Dracule Mihawk, and that Zoro then challenged him to a duel to the death.

Everything was happening so fast that Ren felt like she didn't have time to breathe. She just found out her father was dead, it was Zoro who'd killed him, there was a warlord after Luffy, and Zoro just challenged that warlord to a duel.

When Nami and Ren boarded the ship, they found Zoro in the kitchen area, standing at the table with his swords laid out on them. He was sharpening one of them, and the reality of what was about to happen was slowly setting in when she saw Zoro was preparing himself for this duel.

And then Luffy and Usopp walked in, and Nami looked over at Luffy immediately as they made their way around the table.

"Maybe you can convince him to call it off." Nami said to Luffy.

"I wont do that." Zoro said flatly.

"Did you see the size of that guy's sword?" Nami exasperated, "He will slice you into sashimi."

Luffy frowned, "What's going on?"

"I'll tell you what's going on," Nami looked at him, "Your big, bad Marine grandpa sent a Warlord of the Sea to bring you in and instead of getting the hell out of here when he had the chance, Zoro challenged him to a duel."

"Which he accepted." He said.

"You are a fly to him." Nami seethed, "Something to be swatted and forgotten."

"Not if I win."

"You're not going to."

He narrowed his eyes, "You don't know that."

Ren stood there, hugging her arms to her chest as the two went back and forth. She kept glancing up at Zoro, and her stomach kept lurching sickly. There was a swirl of emotions inside her, all of them powerful and intense, and Ren couldn't figure out what she was feeling. What she was supposed to feel.

Nami looked at Luffy, "Tell your first mate he'll get himself killed."

"Tell your navigator to butt out," Zoro retorted.