𝟐 - "𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞."

_________________________________

_________________________________II

II.
\\ THE INVITATION //
_________________________________

RORONOA ZORO stood surrounded by a fleet of Marine's in Captain Morgan's office. The Captain was using this time to sharpen his axed arm, which Zoro knew was an attempt at intimidating him. But all it was to him was an annoyance of his time being wasted.

"I understand you sent four of my Marine's to the infirmary." Captain Morgan said, "Without drawing a blade, I might add. Impressive."

"I didn't want to make a mess," Zoro replied simply.

This was the part of the bounty collecting that he hated. The small talk, the unnecessary dialogue. Zoro always preferred to just collect his bounty and be on his way.

"Roronoa Zoro," Morgan eyed him, "The Demon. Most feared pirate hunter in the East Blue. I'd say you live up to your reputation."

Morgan looked down at the bag that had the upper half of Zoro's bounty kill inside.

"If it's all the same, I'll just take my money and go." He said.

Captain Morgan smirked a little, walking down from his desk and up to the pirate hunter.

"You'll collect your bounty," Morgan said, "But the penalty for assaulting a Marine is seven days strung up in the yard. No food or water."

"You can try to arrest me," Zoro challenged, "But your brat will be the first one I kill."

"Hey!" Helmeppo yelled, looking to his father, "He can't speak to me that way!"

Captain Morgan within a blink of an eye swung his axed hand, smacking his son square in the face and sending him to the floor. Zoro tried to hide his amusement of seeing the cowardly brat struck down.

"I like you," Morgan looked at Zoro, circling around him as if assessing him, "We should be working for the same team. You'd make a hell of a Marine."

The Captain set a firm hand on his shoulder and it took everything in Zoro not to strike him down right then, right there, in his own office in front of his fleet of idiotic Marines.

"Kinda got my own thing going on." Zoro replied bluntly, "Doesn't leave much time for playing dress up."

As the Captain stepped back in front of him, Zoro could see the displeased look on his face. Something told him the Marine captain wasn't used to being turned down.

"It's a shame to lose a man of your talents." He said, "Since you wont be able to collect a bounty at any Marine base once I get the word out."

Zoro set his jaw. But Captain Morgan wasn't done yet. When the threat didn't get the reaction he wanted, Morgan decided to take it a step further.