𝟏𝟗 - "𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞."

________________________________

________________________________XIX

XIX.
\\ WANTED //
________________________________

NIGHT HAD fallen over Coco Village, but it was far from asleep. In fact, it was more alive than it had been in many years. The air was filled with the smell of good food and the sound of upbeat music as the whole village celebrated their newfound freedom. Something that most of the villagers had given up on ever having again.

A group of the villagers gathered around a bonfire, laughing and telling stories as they ate and drank. Sanji had cooked an entire meal for the villagers and was serving them in the distance, Luffy and Usopp were nearby, helping themselves to the food. Nami was sat in the distance with her sister, talking and smiling as they ate. And Zoro was sitting off near the bonfire, eating and drinking.

Ren took a swig of her own beer and watched with a smile as a couple of kids ran past her with sparklers in their hands, laughing as they chased each other through the village. The village was so full of joy, and it warmed Ren's heart seeing the happiness of those around her. This was exactly what she wanted from this life she had chosen...to see beautiful moments like the ones she was watching.

Ren stood up, a little buzzed from the alcohol and happiness, wanting to continue to enjoy the night, and she felt drawn to the ocean, a call she felt often. As she walked towards the dirt path heading towards the shore, she passed by Zoro, who glanced up at her with a curious look on his face.

"Where are you going?" Zoro asked.

"Taking a walk down to the beach," She answered with a smile, "Wanna join?"

He shrugged, "Sure."

Standing up from his seat, he followed behind Ren as she walked through the village, a smile on her face as she looked around at the villagers around her. She looked so content and happy in that moment and

Before long, the two had gotten away from the village and when they got to the shore of the beach, Ren's smile grew into an excited grin as she picked up the pace once her eyes laid on the sand and ocean in front of them.

Zoro watched quietly, a smile pulling at his lips as Ren ran down the beach, spinning around in circles and laughing into the night. He felt his chest tighten as he noticed the way the wind blew through her hair and the way her skin glowed under the moonlight. She looked so beautiful, especially when she looked back and smiled at him.

"I always loved being at the beach at night," Ren said in contentment, "Something about the darkness of the ocean, and the way the stars and moon reflect off the water...always made me feel at ease."

She looked back at the ocean and took another swig of her drink. Zoro joined at her side, looking out to the water and understanding exactly what she was saying. He often felt more comfort in the darkness as well. It was easy to just be in it, away from everything else.