𝟓 - "𝐈'𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭."

________________________________

________________________________V

V.
\\ ESCAPE ARTISTS //
________________________________

THE ROPES that bound Ren's wrists behind her back rubbed painfully against her skin from how much she'd been trying to break free of them. The clowns had tied her arms behind a spiraled pole and every slight movement she made as she fought against the ropes sent waves of pain up her arms.

Nami was locked inside a cage to the right of Ren and Zoro was tied to a knife throwing wheel by ropes tied just as tight as hers. He was also fighting against the ropes, trying to break free to no avail.

"Give it a rest," Nami sighed, "Those ropes are too strong, even for you."

But Zoro continued to pull at the ropes, "I've got out of worse."

Ren, standing on her feet, started looking around at the ground near her, seeing if there was anything she might be able to use to free herself.

"When I ran out of the tent, I...saw a town or..." Nami's voice sombered, "...what was left of one after Buggy destroyed it."

"You mean when you tried to run off and leave us for dead?" Zoro gave her a pointed look.

"We were surrounded and unarmed," Nami exasperated, "You were picking a fight you couldn't win."

"I know your type." He said bluntly, "If there's nothing to gain, you're out."

Ren sighed, "Guys, can we do this at another time?"

I can't concentrate with all this bickering. She wanted to add.

"Says the wandering bounty hunter, trading lives for a handful of Berry."

"I serve a purpose."

"Sure you do."

Ren raised her voice in annoyance, "Can both of you cut it out and focus more on getting out of here?"

The two of them thankfully ceased, and at that moment, Ren spotted a small funhouse mirror a few feet away and she got an idea. Ren moved a little, then started trying to reach for the mirror with her foot.

"I think I can get us out of here." Nami said.

Zoro scoffed, "You mean get yourself out of here."

"That's fair," She relented, "But I'm going to need you to trust me."

"Just like a thief to lie to my face and ask me to believe her."

Ren gave up on lecturing them about their banter and kept working on trying to get the mirror closer to her.

"You got any other options?" Nami pointed out.