8 - "𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞."

________________________________

________________________________VIII

VIII.
\\ UNCORDIALLY INVITED //
________________________________

REN LOOKED at the scenery before her in awe as Usopp led them into a stone courtyard and she could see a huge mansion in the distance. The house sat between two tall trees and there was a beautiful view of the mountains that laid behind the house. In the center of the courtyard, there was a stone well and flowered bushes outlining the courtyard.

"I've never seen a house this big before." Luffy said.

"Impressive, right?" Usopp said, "Kaya's given me an open invitation to drop by any time I want."

Ren watched as the two of them leaned against the well, and Luffy looked around the huge estate, taking all of it in.

"Wow, all this just for one person?" Luffy asked him.

"Well she lives here with her butler and a few other staff." Usopp replied.

As Luffy and Usopp talked, Nami appeared at Ren's side, glancing at her and Zoro.

"Money really shows you who people truly are," Nami said, somewhat bitterly, "Most people only care about themselves and what's theirs."

Ren shrugged a little, "I've known people with nothing who are just as terrible as rich snobs with everything. I don't think it's ever that simple."

Nami looked over at her, unconvinced, "Either way, a small staff makes for easy pickings."

"You gonna rob the place blind?" Zoro raised an eyebrow up at her.

Nami smirked, "At least a little blurry."

She then walked away, catching up with Luffy and Usopp as he led them further towards the house. Ren followed, with Zoro walking along her side.

"What do you think about this guy?" Zoro asked her.

Ren looked over at Zoro, seeing he was glaring in Usopp's direction.

"I think you have to take what he says with a grain of salt," Ren chuckled, "But he seems harmless enough. You?"

"I think he's full of shit." Zoro replied bluntly.

Ren smirked a little, "I'd say that's also a fair statement."

They continued further towards the house and before long, Usopp had begun leading them around the house instead of right up to the door. He was leading them through the backyard of the house. It was a beautiful back yard, with flowery hedges all around, a large pond with leaflet steppings, and flowerbeds of colorful flowers and greenery.

"So if you have an invitation, why are we going around the back way?" Luffy asked him.

"Oh, I never use the front entrance." Usopp brushed him off, "This is more of a VIP entance for special guests."