Locked inside?

The time went quick and now the detention was over, however the teacher didn't come. I looked at the boy behind me who drew a bunch of random things on his book. I felt like i've been here with him for more than an hour. Wasn't the teacher gonna come? Isn't he supposed to tell us we finally can go home? What about my concert with Felix? Woah, i was confused, i decided to walk up to the door and open it..but..the door?! it won't open....

"w-what." i said my eyes widely open, as i tried pushing it harder. maybe i was just weak? i hope so..

Hyunjin noticed the fear in my expression as I struggled to open the door. He put down his notebook to ask, "What's wrong?" I looked at him with a distressed look on my face and replied, "We're locked in." I tried to open the door harder, becoming frustrated, but Hyunjin seemed to have already accepted our situation. He replied calmly, "The janitor will come soon. Just be patient." This response made me even more annoyed, "Patient? We're locked in here!" I exclaimed, feeling the frustration mounting. It was difficult to understand how he could remain so calm in this situation.

Despite being stuck in the detention room, he didn't seem to care at all. I attempted to push the door harder, feeling frustrated and annoyed. I turned to him and asked, "Can you give me a hand?" but he didn't seem interested in helping at all. My face turned red with frustration as I tried to force the door open, but it remained shut. After realizing my efforts were pointless, I sat down and let out a sigh. "Could this day get any worse?" I muttered, covering my face. In the meantime, I could hear the sound of his pencil as he continued to draw, which only added to my aggravation.

"Why aren't you reacting? Don't you realize we have to wait for three hours?" I asked, feeling irritated. "The concert doesn't start until tonight, so don't stress," he replied in a calming voice. I didn't quite understand his perspective and why he was so relaxed about the situation.

Feeling defeated, I let out a heavy sigh, realizing he was right. Although I wasn't thrilled about being stuck in detention for such a long time, it wasn't the end of the world. I did, however, mind being stuck alone with that annoying person. I slumped against the wall and watched him draw, feeling somewhat bored and anxious to get out of there.

"What are you doing?" I asked, feeling annoyed. Despite him not doing anything wrong, I still found myself disliking him. "Drawing," he replied, humming a quiet song. I could hear it, even in this quiet room.

"What are you drawing?" I asked him, noticing that he had been at it for an hour. "Watch yourself," Hyunjin replied with a smile as I rolled my eyes. I let out a sigh and muttered, "This is so boring." It's so quiet, you could fr hear a fly.

He then turned his notebook towards me, but I had trouble seeing it from across the room. "Huh?" I said, annoyed. However, he just pointed at it, and I had to stand up to see it better. My eyes widened as I realized what he had drawn. "I-is that me?" I said, shocked. Wow, he was pretty good. It was almost creepy how accurately he had portrayed me.

Taking the notebook from his hand, I looked at it more closely. He had captured almost every detail of my face. "Ew, that's really creepy," I mumbled, causing him to roll his eyes. "What? At least tell me it's pretty," he said, annoyed, raising his eyebrows.

"Nah," I said, placing the notebook back on his desk.

"Gosh, you're so mean for no reason at all," he mumbled, annoyed as he ripped the paper off and threw it away in the trash. I could tell he had taken my comment as an insult. I sighed and sat at the desk in front of him, turning the chair to face him. He was obviously still annoyed with me.

"You know what, I don't even know why you hate me!" he said, giving up. I felt a pang of guilt for the first time. What had he even done to annoy me so much?

"I'm sorry," I said, looking at him apologetically. "I don't hate you, I just...I don't know. I guess I was just being defensive."

He looked at me skeptically, but then his expression softened. "It's okay," he said after a moment. "I guess I can be annoying sometimes."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your mood. In fact, you did a pretty good job," I said, reaching over to grab the paper from the trash can and unfolding it. "See? I like it." It was uncharacteristic of me to be so sweet, especially to him. But I didn't want to antagonize him. We had mutual friends, and it would be difficult for them if we continued to bicker.

As I looked up at him, he seemed surprised by my change in demeanor. "We might not be friends," he said, "but we don't have to be enemies, right?"

"mhm..yeah sure!" i said nodding, i can't belive this. Maybe i should give him a chance since we're also going to the concert later.

Or should i..?