28

As I sat on Hyunjin's bed, he opened his closet and pulled out a hoodie for me to wear. I was a bit embarrassed since I was still wearing my uniform, which included a skirt and blouse, but I appreciated his kindness. "Thanks," I said, taking the hoodie from him and trying to hide my embarrassment. It was clear that Hyunjin had a good sense of fashion, and the hoodie he had given me was probably quite expensive. I was grateful to have something to wear and didn't want to seem ungrateful or rude.

After taking off my blouse and putting on the hoodie, I tied my hair into a bun and washed my face. When I came out of the bathroom, I saw Hyunjin on his bed with his phone, likely texting several girls at once. Despite telling myself that I shouldn't care, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. 

Hyunjin turned off his phone and sat in front of me, offering a bowl of chips, popcorn, and candy. I took some, aware that I was feeling quite hungry after not having eaten much earlier. When he asked if I wanted to continue our project, I nodded in agreement. While I wasn't entirely comfortable staying at his house longer than necessary, I also knew that we had a project due and didn't want to disappoint my teacher or get a bad grade.

10-12 mins into the project.

When I was listening to music with my earpods, I suddenly felt someone take the one on my left, and I looked over to see Hyunjin. He had taken it and placed it on his ear, "Oh, what are you hearing?" he asked me, making me smile. I teased him playfully, "Give it back, you're going to make it all disgusting," and he gasped fake outrage. "Me? I have the cleanest body, wdym!" he said, laughing. I rolled my eyes playfully and continued working on the project as he listened to the music on my earpod.

5-15 mins later.

As I was working on the project, I turned around to ask Hyunjin a question but caught him staring at me, lost in thought. It caught me off guard and made my heart skip a beat. "Hello? Wake up?" I said, snapping him out of his thoughts. He was clearly embarrassed, blushing red. "O-oh! Sorry!" he said, looking down at the ground.

As I saw Hyunjin's embarrassment, I chuckled and felt my heart warm up a bit. It was endearing to see him in that state. "It's fine," I said, still smiling. He chuckled along with me and said, "Woah! I'm embarrassed." His expression was humorous, but it was also endearing. There was something about him, something admirable, something that made me feel so happy and warm inside. It was a feeling I couldn't quite put into words, but it was a feeling I wanted to hold onto.

Am i catching feeling?

"Woah, your smile is adorable," Hyunjin blurted out, causing my eyes to widen and my cheeks to turn red. I couldn't believe he had just said that, and I felt my heart skip a beat. "Hyunjin!" I yelled, scolding him and feeling embarrassed. He was clearly enjoying teasing me, and it was making me frustrated. "What? See! You're embarrassed too!" he said, laughing at me. I shook my head at him, still feeling embarrassed and not quite sure what to say.

As I forced myself not to smile, Hyunjin encouraged me to smile by telling me to, "No, no! Smile!" I turned my face away from him, feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable, but he grabbed my head and forced me to look at him. "Hyunjin!" I scolded him again, feeling even more embarrassed and uncomfortable than before. He was just smirking and told me, "Oh come on! You look pretty cute smiling, a real smile." As I tried not to smile, I felt my face burning with embarrassment. It was clear that he was enjoying teasing me, and I didn't know how to make him stop.

"Fine," I mumbled, giving Hyunjin a forced smile. He clearly wanted the real one, so I gave in and smiled softly but genuinely at him. His expression warmed up at my smile, and he placed his hand on his heart, saying, "I think my heart skipped a beat." My eyes widened at his words, and my cheeks felt like they were on fire. "Hey! Quit it," I mumbled, embarrassed and feeling hot in the face.

"Let's not work on the project, hm?" Hyunjin said, catching me off guard. "Why?" I replied, looking straight into his admirable eyes. "Because, we've been doing this all day..." he said, sounding tired and lazy. "Alright fine, what do you want to do?" I asked, curious and nervous about his intentions. He began smirking, and I immediately wondered what dirty thoughts were entering my mind. I hit him gently, feeling embarrassed and flustered. "Hey! Why are you smirking?" I asked, not sure if I wanted the answer. He chuckled and said, "You're just being dirty-minded."

"What about we go down and talk with your mother?" I said, making him scoff. "My mom?" he replied with annoyance. "No, she'll never leave you alone." I pleaded with him, still hoping for a different outcome. However, he just collapsed on his bed and grabbed his phone, avoiding me.

Suddenly, my phone started buzzing. Multiple times.

Su-ri? why is she texting me now?

Let's check.

--------------

Su-ri

"hey. I'm sorry."

"I was just having a bad day."

"you there?"

"Y/N, istg something just happened to me."

"I'm busy."

"Busy? with what?"

"I know you aren't."

"you're never busy this late."

"Y/N?"

"I'm with Hyunjin."

"what? why?"

"it's late."

"Bro, you keep ditching me."

"yk what, fuck this."

"i really tried."

--------------