Loyal

I purchased a dress for Y/n and a suit for myself. Currently, I found myself in Yeonjun's mom's basement, a spot where we could relax and indulge in smoking and drinking, complete with a PS5 and gaming equipment - our designated hangout spot. Yeonjun settled into the sofa beside me and initiated a conversation, asking how things were going. He kindly passed me a drink, which I politely declined. "We're in a relationship," I stated, attempting to conceal my blushing face. Niki chimed in with a mocking tone, teasingly remarking, "Oh, poor you, being in a relationship with such an unpopular oddball." They burst into laughter, unaware of my true feelings for Y/n. I, on the other hand, tried to maintain composure and act as if nothing had occurred, as they genuinely had no knowledge of my deep affection for her.

"Alright, I made sure to contact a few girls. They'll be arriving shortly," Niki said as she typed away on her phone. I felt uneasy, as if these were not the girls I was interested in. The only person on my mind was Y/n. "Um, I think I'll head out," I declared, getting up and stretching. "What? Why? We just invited the most attractive girls! They'll leave when they realize you're not here," Yeonjun replied, sounding annoyed, with Niki nodding in agreement. "Indeed," Niki concurred.

"No, I don't feel like it right now," I insisted, feeling guilty, especially since I had just asked Y/n to be my girlfriend. Why do I care about her so much? "What?" Yeonjun exclaimed. "Come on, man, grow up! You love girls!" Niki chimed in, lightly tapping Hyunjin's cheeks to snap him out of it.

"No, Niki. I'm going out on my own today," I replied, pushing him away with annoyance. "It's about Y/n, isn't it?" Yeonjun smirked, nudging Hyunjin with his elbow. "Shut up," Hyunjin grumbled, irritated. "I mean... she is attractive, I won't deny that," Niki commented, earning a death stare from Hyunjin. "Yeah, her appearance is not the only thing that's..." Yeonjun started to say before he was cut off by a gentle shove from Hyunjin. "What's wrong with you, man?" Hyunjin snapped, his annoyance mixed with jealousy evident in his eyes.

"Bro, he's head over heels for her! What a simp!" Niki teased, noticing Hyunjin's growing annoyance. "Really!" Yeonjun laughed, enjoying Hyunjin's jealousy. "No, I'm not," Hyunjin mumbled, trying to hide his feelings. "So you wouldn't mind if I asked her to sleep with me? I bet she would say yes," Niki smirked, winking at Hyunjin. "What is wrong with you?" Hyunjin said annoyedly, his jealousy evident in his eyes.

knock

knock

knock

knock

"Yes, the girls are here!" Yeonjun exclaimed, opening the door to reveal 8-9 girls entering. However, Hyunjin didn't seem thrilled. "I'm going," he stated, grabbing his jacket from the couch. "What? Why?" Rachel, one of the girls, looked disappointed, pouting slightly. "Because," Hyunjin replied, giving side-eye to every girl. "I thought you said Hyunjin-oppa would be here," one of the girls said with a cringe-worthy voice.

Yeonjun sheepishly responded, "Well, I guess he's just busy," as Hyunjin hastily made his way out, clearly irritated by the situation.

Y/n's POV:

I was at our special place, the place that only Hyunjin and I knew about. As I enjoyed the serene surroundings, I received a text message from Hyunjin saying, "Where are you? I miss you." A soft smile spread across my face, as he always had this way of making me feel like a dream come true. I replied to his message, sharing our location and taking a moment to immerse myself in the beauty of the flowers and the tranquil sound of the wind.

After a few minutes, I heard footsteps approaching, causing me to stand up in anticipation of Hyunjin's arrival. However, to my surprise, it was Minho instead. "Minho...? What are you doing here?" I asked, taken aback by his unexpected presence. Nervously, he explained, "Uh, you had your location on and... I just followed it." I instantly felt uneasy, knowing that Hyunjin explicitly instructed me not to share this place with anyone. "No, Minho, you have to leave," I muttered, fearing Hyunjin's reaction once he arrived. Confusion clouded Minho's face as he pleaded, "But why? I feel like you don't like me anymore." As I observed the hurt in his eyes, guilt and regret washed over me.

I was taken aback by Minho's words, feeling a mix of confusion and frustration. "What do you mean? You're my best friend!" I exclaimed, desperately trying to understand his perspective. He looked at me with a mix of sadness and hope in his eyes as he responded, "Yes, I know we're friends, but it feels like you're choosing this boy you've only known for three weeks over me, someone you've known for years, Y/n, and it honestly hurts." The weight of his words hit me, making me realize the depth of his feelings. "Minho, we've always been friends," I said, my voice filled with uncertainty. "I can't just abandon that because of Hyunjin. He's important to me too, but you're my best friend."

Minho's frustration was evident as he clenched his inner cheeks and pleaded, "Then choose me, Y/n. You're always hanging out with him, and it's really starting to get to me." I struggled to find the right words, torn between my friendship with Minho and my newfound connection with Hyunjin. "Minho, we need to talk about this, but not now," I replied, hoping to appease the situation. "You have to go, Hyunjin will be here any minute," I urged, feeling the weight of the impending confrontation. Minho's expression turned even more pained as he asked, "Why? Can't we just talk now?" I sighed, realizing that the timing wasn't ideal but feeling the urgency of the situation.

Minho's frustration escalated as he grabbed onto one of my hands, desperation evident in his voice. "Come on, Y/n! You have to stop this! He's just playing with you!" His sudden display of intensity caught me off guard, making me feel a mix of discomfort and confusion. This wasn't how Minho usually acted, and it made me question the situation even more. "Minho, I appreciate your concern, but I need to figure this out for myself," I responded, gently trying to free my hand from his grip. "I understand that you care about me, but I also need to make my own choices and learn from my experiences," I added, hoping he would understand the importance of personal growth and decision-making.

"uh..Y/n?"