Regret?

HYUNJIN'S POV:

Feeling overwhelmed and conflicted, I collapsed onto my bed, seeking solace in my headphones. Despite the numerous text messages buzzing on my phone, I couldn't bring myself to respond. There was something gnawing at me, a discomfort nestled deep within my stomach. It was a reminder of my own foolishness and insensitivity. The image of her face, filled with hurt and disappointment, played on a loop in my mind, refusing to fade away. The way I pushed her away, it had been physically gentle, but my words had carried a harshness I now deeply regretted. The weight of my actions and the way I had treated her continued to torment my thoughts relentlessly.

"Hyunjin!!" My mom's voice echoed through the house, snapping me out of my thoughts. I reluctantly put my headphones away and made my way downstairs. "What's up, Mom?" I asked, leaning in to kiss her forehead gently. Her smile warmed my heart. "I made some food!" she exclaimed happily. I couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude for her. "Thanks, Mom," I said sincerely as I took a seat at the dining table. As I looked down at my plate, I found myself biting my lip harshly.

I noticed my mom's curious expression as she sat in front of me. Her concern was evident as she gently said my name, "Hyun?" Meeting her gaze, I felt my underlip slightly reddening, a habit from my days of biting my lip when stressed. With her hand comforting mine, my mom asked lovingly, "What's on your mind, my dear?" Feeling a sense of guilt, I mustered the courage to speak up. "Mom," I whispered, taking a sip of water to compose myself.

"mhm?" my mom asked worriedly.

"Mom, what should I do if..." I trailed off, not finding the right words to express myself. "If?" she asked curiously, sensing my hesitation. "If I did something wrong," I finally admitted, fidgeting with my food. My mom smiled gently at me and said, "It depends on the severity of your actions." Deep down, I knew that what I had done was not a small mistake; it felt more like an 8/10 on the bad scale. "You know, just something minor," I mumbled, trying to downplay the situation. Before the stove clock rang, signaling her attention elsewhere, my mom kindly advised, "In any case, it's important to apologize and make amends." I sighed internally, realizing that my mistake was far from small.

"gosh. Why do i even care. . .fuck!"