Epilogue [Raabta]

Warning: mature content ahead!!

1 year later

"So that's my journey of fighting against cancer," Divya said, confidently looking at the crowd in front of her. Her eyes met Atharv's, her husband, and she felt a sense of pride emanating from him. Seeing his thumbs-up, she knew he believed in her and thought she was doing great.

Divya's heart swelled with gratitude as their eyes locked. Atharv had been her rock, supporting and encouraging her throughout her battle with cancer. His presence in the crowd reassured her that she was not alone in this fight.

As she continued sharing her story, Divya recounted countless doctor's appointments, painful treatments, and moments of doubt she experienced. But she also emphasized the strength, resilience, and love that had propelled her forward. The crowd listened intently, captivated by Divya's courage and determination.

After what seemed like an eternity, Divya finally concluded her speech. The room erupted in thunderous applause, a standing ovation that echoed her bravery and the triumph of her journey. Yet, amidst the cheers, Divya's gaze remained fixed on Atharv. His unwavering support and belief in her had been her driving force.

"I'll bring the car, stay here," Atharv said before swiftly making his way towards the parking lot.

Divya patiently waited for him to arrive when a little girl approached her with awe in her eyes.

"Aunty!"

Divya turned towards the little girl with a smile and crouched down to her level.

"Yes, little princess?"

"Your hair looks so beautiful! I really liked it!" the girl exclaimed with a wide smile on her face.

Divya's hair was short, just above her shoulders. She smiled lovingly at the kid before gently pinching her cheeks.

"Thank you, baby. By the way, what's your name?" Divya asked.

"I'm Adviti," the little girl said.

Divya smiled at her before looking around for Adviti's parents. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice.

"Adviti! Beta, why are you here? I told you to stay inside, right!"

Divya slowly turned around to see Karan, her ex-boyfriend. He hadn't noticed her yet, and memories began rushing back—both happy and painful—as she remembered their past together.

Karan finally looked up, and his face immediately turned pale, as if he had seen a ghost. But before he could say anything, Divya took a deep breath and composed herself.

"Hi Karan," she said, her voice steady with a hint of warmth.

Karan hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to respond. Finally, he managed to stammer out, "Hi Divya. It's been... a long time."

Divya nodded, her gaze steady as she looked into his eyes. "Yes, it has."

The tension between them was palpable, but Divya knew she had come a long way since their breakup. She had found strength and happiness in Atharv, and she wouldn't let the past define her anymore.

"How have you been?" Karan finally asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Divya smiled, genuinely this time. "I've been good, Karan. Life has had its ups and downs, but I'm grateful for where I am now."

Karan seemed taken aback by her positive attitude. He glanced at Atharv, who had just returned with the car, and then back at Divya.

"I'm glad to hear that," he said quietly. "You deserve all the happiness."