4. I'll be in your care

"Hey, listen to me, come on!" Taehyung screamed his lungs out for Natsuki to listen to him and turn around but she ran and slammed the sliding door of her house shut when she finally entered inside. Taehyung was standing outside, out of breath, with Yeontan in his lap.

He sighed, taking a step back, then turned around and walked back to his house with a chuckle escaping his throat on the way.

•~•~•

The night fell, stars twinkling in the wide pitch black sky. The sky was filled with ashy clouds that overshadowed the stars now and then as they moved at a slow pace.

"Why don't you just apologise to him, Suki?" Her mom said while doing the dishes after dinner.

"I can't, Mom. His dog almost bit Kei and... it was chaos everywhere. It's not my fault!" She said, not ready to back down.

"You can't stay mad at him forever for laughing at you. You have to be friends with him, we are neighbours now," she tried to make her understand but Natsuki was known for being stubborn.

"I'm not in the mood to talk about it right now, Mom." Natsuki said and put the dishes back into the cupboard.

"Ah, anyways, you have the summer class tomorrow, don't you? Are you done with the preparations?" Her mom asked, suddenly remembering about it.

In her school, they always have these summer classes once every 15 days to keep the students from being too lazy and this way, the school stays clean too.

"Oh, I almost forgot," she sprang up on her feet. "I'll go, do it now. Good night, Mom."

"Good night, sweetie." And her mom went back to washing the remaining dishes.

•~•~•

The sun was up, shining brightly as ever. Natsuki woke up early, brushing her teeth in a hurry. She quickly took a cold shower, changing into her uniform.

The fresh white shirt with a navy blue stripe on the collar and a little, pretty red scarf that made her uniform look all the way more youthful. The navy blue skirt that ended just above her knees was perfectly ironed. Uniforms in japan are the symbols of youth and I think it's perfectly true.

"You're gonna be late, Suki! Come down and have breakfast!" Her mom yelled from the kitchen as usual.

"Yes, Mom!" She yelled back and came down, running, making the wooden stairs creak as she was never not loud with her actions.

"Good morning, thank you for the food." She said, sitting down and picked up her chopsticks, digging in happily.

Rice for breakfast is perfect for a warm summer morning for Japanese people.

"Good morning," her mom greeted her, busy in tidying up the kitchen.

"I have to do the laundry now. Don't forget to feed the cat on your way out," her mom left her to eat on her own and headed inside to bring out the dirty clothes to put in the washing machine.

"Okay," she said and quickly finished the bowl of rice, drinking some orange juice at the end.

Her mom liked to feed the ginger furred cat that always roamed around their neighbourhood. It was their daily routine.

"Bye, Mom. See you in the evening!" She said on her way out before grabbing a container from the cupboard that read 'cat food'.

After closing the sliding door and saying bye to Kei, she started walking down the street with her brown handbag that she usually carried to school.