18. You're so small

Brown and beige are such calming colours; even more when they're used perfectly.

"Do you want a shirt or t-shirt? Trousers or shorts?" Taehyung asks her as she is looking around his room.

"Wow, you have a fish tank in your room?" Natsuki's eyes fall on the small, rectangular tank which is illuminated with different colours as the small fishes swim around the ornaments, such as colourful pebbles, some rocks, small house like structures, which is put inside so the fishes won't get bored.

"Ah, hmm!" he humms, "I thought they were pretty so I got it." he finishes with a shrug.

"Indeed," Natsuki whispers as a reply while she inches closer to the tank, admiring the small, cute creatures. The fish were colorful. Do you know the fish that has different colours each? One fish has pretty red colour, another one is yellow, one is green and the other one is dark blue. It looks like a rainbow of fish.

"Change your clothes first, you're gonna catch a cold, come on." Taehyung shakes his head and she turns around, deciding to play with the fish later. Her nervousness all disappeared because of them.

"So?" Taehyung asks again, referring to his question from before.

"Anything is fine with me." she replies, okay with anything.

He rummages through his closet, trying to find something that will fit her better.

"You're so small, what will fit you?" he mutters, without realising that he spoke it out aloud.

"What?" her face goes in shock for a moment.

Talk about being dramatic!

"I'm not small, you're just too tall. Do you think I'm small? Me?!" she sounds offended and Taehyung panics for a second there, thinking he said something he shouldn't have.

Natsuki steps closer to him, just inches away and compares her height with him, eyes focused just right in front of her as she compares their heights with her hand. She wasn't wrong after all, she is tall enough to be face to face with his collarbone.

She doesn't realise but she's too close. In normal circumstances, she would never get this close to anyone.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry that I called you small. I didn't mean it in an offensive way." Taehyung states, trying to explain his innocent self.

Natsuki looks up upon hearing his deep voice just above her face.

Do voices sound different if you're too close to someone? That's new for her.

She purses her lips, suddenly feeling nervous again. Who wouldn't? Her eyes are screaming at her brain to look away but the loud beating of her heart is too distracting for her brain to function properly. She can just stare at his face.

"I'm sorry, are you still mad at me?" he speaks again, ignoring their close proximity as he tilts his head rather cutely. His face gets soft as his eyes try to explain her.

"I think small things are cute. I wasn't thinking properly and said it out 'loud." he confesses, still worried that she might be offended.

"Um, it's alright. I'm not mad, I just... well, nevermind." she quickly steps back, almost stumbling as she looks away from him.

Small things are cute to him? Her heart skips a beat at the word as her brain continues to repeat his words inside her head.

"We're wasting so much time, mom's gonna think I kidnapped you or something." he mumbles again, resuming his search for perfect clothes for her.

"That sounds wild." Natsuki controls her laugh at his words. Kidnapped? Seriously?

"Here," he hands her a grey coloured t-shirt, which has 'cute stuff' written on it and some trousers.