31. Scary stories

"Yes! I won!!" Natsuki jumped up, doing a little dance.

"Whatever!" Yoongi whined in a small voice. That was so unlikely of him.

"What's so good about winning a race? It's just about who gets done with bathing first."

"Aki-kun, you're just jealous. Admit it," she said, teasing him.

"Oh, but where is Fumiya-kun?" Jimin quickly changed the subject.

"I think I saw him go outside. Maybe he went out for a little walk." Haruki said, rubbing his hair dry with a towel.

"Oh, it's alright then. Shall we go in first? I'm starving." Taehyung clutched his stomach, making everyone laugh.

They just finished bathing, and as expected, Natsuki won the bet she made with Yoongi. She was more than happy that Taehyung helped her and was on her side.

~~~

"Alright! Let's start. I'll go first." Fumiya announced.

Everyone was gathered in one room, seated in a circle, dressed comfortably in the yukatas.

The moon was shining, its rays illuminating the room partially. The lights were turned off intentionally.

It was time for scary stories!!

"Psst!" Natsuki whispered secretly when no one was paying attention to her.

"What is it?" Taehyung replied with a question.

"If you're scared, you can hold onto my hand, okay?"

"Really?" he smiled secretly, pretending to sound thankful, "okay, I will do that."

"So, this is about my older cousin who lives in the countryside. His friend works in a..."

And the story continued. Fumiya was really good at creating atmosphere.

The room was quiet. Everyone was slumped over, hugging their knees or covering their ears but Taehyung only had to hold onto Natsuki's hand. She offered it herself after all!

"Then, if you look back even once... BAM!" everyone flinched, surprised.

"It will crawl out of the cracks on the wall, its mouth dirty with drool dribbling all over its face and hands moving like a snake. It will groan like a dying person, like this," Fumiya put his hands on the mattress, getting on all fours as he acted it out.

"'Natsuki-chan, can you lend me your ear?' and then if you say yes, it will... snatch your ear off the skin. Painfully and slowly."

"Ahh!! Stop it," Natsuki covered her eyes, not wanting to look at Fumiya's scary expressions anymore and scurried more towards Taehyung.

He was still holding her hand, sitting beside her but she was practically hugging him at this point.

"Why do you have to use my name?!" she complained in a small voice.

"Well, that's how it works!" he just shrugged, half smirking and half smiling.

"Ah... alright! Now it's my turn." Taehyung interrupted them.

"You have a story too!? Wow! Okay, let's hear it!" Fumiya got excited, sitting back down on his usual place.

"This is from when I was in South Korea." he started and Natsuki naturally scooted away from him. No one realised because they were all curious about Taehyung's story.

He wasn't someone who talked a lot so instantly, they wanted to know what this was about.

"Both of my parents were usually out for work before my mom quit, so I was used to stay alone at home. Occasionally I'd go to play with my friends at their homes but other than that, I was a lonely kid."